+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    So why don't you want to remove the unfair advantage from all the competition?
    Because, as I said earlier, it's all about keeping contact between people in shops down as low as possible - even if it could be done, stopping online sales in a situation where the aim is to cut numbers in shops and the amount of time people spend in them would be ludicrous, is that what you're proposing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because, as I said earlier, it's all about keeping contact between people in shops down as low as possible - even if it could be done, stopping online sales in a situation where the aim is to cut numbers in shops and the amount of time people spend in them would be ludicrous, is that what you're proposing?
    Didn't you write that the logic behind the decision was to stop small shops being discriminated against?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I thought you wrote that the logic behind the decision was to stop small shops being discriminated against?
    Round and round in circles because you want to score party political points - I said that I could understand the logic whereby they didn't want to see smaller, independent traders discriminated against like they were first time around because supermarkets had an unfair advantage over them. Nothing you're saying is making me think I was wrong in thinking that (quite the opposite in fact).

Therefore, there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Round and round in circles because you want to score party political points - I said that I could understand the logic whereby they didn't want to see smaller, independent traders discriminated against like they were first time around because supermarkets had an unfair advantage over them. Nothing you're saying is making me think I was wrong in thinking that (quite the opposite in fact).

Therefore, there's no point in continuing this discussion.
    If the reason a non essential list was produced was to protect the smaller 'closed' independents against 'open' supermarkets, then there could well be a legal challenge in the future. The Senedd has no right to halt the sale of products in a retail business in order to protect ( Drakeford said 'be fair to') another retail business that has been forced to close because of their actions. It's blatantly anti-competitive.

Linked to their action Ive noticed on news bulletins that many supermarkets in Wales have closed aisles and covered displays with polythene sheets to comply. I wonder if this is in line with fire regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    If the reason a non essential list was produced was to protect the smaller 'closed' independents against 'open' supermarkets, then there could well be a legal challenge in the future. The Senedd has no right to halt the sale of products in a retail business in order to protect ( Drakeford said 'be fair to') another retail business that has been forced to close because of their actions. It's blatantly anti-competitive.

Linked to their action Ive noticed on news bulletins that many supermarkets in Wales have closed aisles and covered displays with polythene sheets to comply. I wonder if this is in line with fire regulations.
    I don't know. One minute you are forced into supermarkets within a 5 mile radius to buy their mass produced meat rather than from the artisanal butchers of Brecon and the next you are railing against being deprived of the middle of Lidl for a fortnight..... No pleasing some folk!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't know. One minute you are forced into supermarkets within a 5 mile radius to buy their mass produced meat rather than from the artisanal butchers of Brecon and the next you are railing against being deprived of the middle of Lidl for a fortnight..... No pleasing some folk!
    A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.

A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.
    Here's a little story. My Mum, severe stroke. Been through three hospitals and into a care home since I last saw her in March. Able to have a half hour fleeting visit sitting outside whilst she sat in the foyer in early September before Caerphilly County was locked down again. Hopefully some time in the future if this works I will get to see her alive again. Send her flowers every now and then via Interflora. Feeling your pain!

I'm very sorry to hear that your wife isn't well but in no world are flowers are an essential item and if you're planning on driving 3 miles to a petrol station just to get some because you couldn't get any from the supermarket then you're a huge part of the problem