+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Iran.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Do you think that they were seeking to regionalise the region perhaps?

97% of Iraqis follow Islam: 51% Shia and 42% Sunni. 1% of these describe themselves as "Just a Muslim".[50] According to the CIA World Factbook, Shias make up 64% of population, while Sunnis make up 31%. Christianity accounts for 3–5%, and the rest practice Yazidism, Mandaeism, and other religions.
    Oh i'm sure it all hunky dory between them all , and not one of them has an agenda or will ever kill one another in the name of their faction or need to control each others politics or demographic

Re: Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh i'm sure it all hunky dory between them all , and not one of them has an agenda or will ever kill one another in the name of their faction or need to control each others politics or demographic
    I obviously missed the bits where we moved from me pointing out that the Shia make up two thirds of the Iraqi population rather than 4% and you concluding that there might be a degree of disharmony in the country.

I mean the Sunnis under Saddam had 100% of the power for decades until Stormin Norman and George W brought that to an end. In between times Saddam took major retribution on the Shia. The insurgency against the US was mainly Sunni inspired as the natural Iraqi born (I think you call it) majority came to power. Isis massacred who they could particularly Christians and Yazidis.

Still someone with the geo-political acumen of Donald Trump would know all that when he decided to play with the drone that someone bought him for Christmas.