+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It really is for the best.
    It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

Reckon he’d made his mind up before he landed here last week….prob just media wales over egging it all

Left be honest, if he had have come here, we as fans would have expected “Bellamy” type performances, chasing back, closing down and generally showing energy all over the pitch.

We wouldn’t have got that and I think after the initial “honeymoon” period fans might have got a bit frustrated with him.

Would a few of our fans, expected “top of the league performances” every time he played.

Let’s be honest here, we’re not the most patient of fans, are we ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Reckon he’d made his mind up before he landed here last week….prob just media wales over egging it all
    Yep - it would seem like he thought right ive got to pay (or be seen to pay) some lip service to CCFC and see what it's like to meet with them etc...(maybe properly keeping us in some consideration) but then having met with us, he went and probably moments later on the same day walked off to a quiet bit of the training complex to put on his LAFC hat and kit and do his video.

I'm putting words in his mouth/thoughts in his mind but I dare say he had an idea that MLS and LA may be the move for him long, long ago and it may well have been some annoyance to him that he had to be seen to keep CCFC in consideration. What is telling is I've seen him now don plenty of clubs shirts making heart symbols over their badge with his hands, and I haven't and don't think I ever will see him do the same with a city shirt. We flatter ourselves to think he is anywhere close to truly being that bothered with us.