+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

Banned

Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

Brilliant news this, about time we took back control of our waters.
    How many safe countries are these migrants passing through to get here?
    What's the deal with that?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58495948

Re: Priti Patel issues orders to turn them boats around

It’s a PR exercise, she’s got no power to turn them back in International waters. The French will not stop them leaving their waters and once they're over the dotted line they’re the UKs responsibility and since we left the EU we can no longer deport them

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

Don't worry, they won't be going to Barry....ya fkin prejudiced knt.

You can move this fcker over to the non-football board asap so we can all forget about it. Fckin embarrassing. some of the retrobates on here.

Our waters !

Our borders !

Our jobs !

Jurassic Park 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You can move this fcker over to the non-football board asap so we can all forget about it. Fckin embarrassing. some of the retrobates on here.
    People have different opinions about it.

On the one hand, it's allowing desperate people to leave France to come to the UK.

On the other its facilitating a global human trafficking programme that is one of the most obnoxious trades on earth.

The reality is it's both, but people should be able to talk about it without people shutting it down.

Personally, I think it's right to rescue people from warzones - we evacuated thousands from Afghanistan, and it's right to have a liberal immigration programme, but you cant just turn up and enter a country from another safe one. That isn't right, however much you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    People have different opinions about it.

On the one hand, it's allowing desperate people to leave France to come to the UK.

On the other its facilitating a global human trafficking programme that is one of the most obnoxious trades on earth.

The reality is it's both, but people should be able to talk about it without people shutting it down.
    I don't think the original poster was thinking about the welfare of human beings or the global human trafficking programme when he posted this

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

It's not brilliant news. It's against international laws.

I'm all for going after the gangs who organise such voyages (although the Tories have now reduced our ability to do that with budget cuts) but this is just inhumane.

Also, the Tories have reduced our ability to negotiate and collaborate with the EU so that migrants can be absorbed across the EU.

However, the Tories had no intention of dealing with this when we were in the EU as they used migrants as political leverage to make people angry at the EU and therefore advance their right wing agenda.

Patel is one of the most corrupt and toxic politicians we have ever had. She has been found guilty of bullying on THREE separate occasions which cost the tax payer money in compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    since we left the EU we can no longer deport them
    If their asylum application fails they can be deported, what difference does being in the EU make?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think the original poster was thinking about the welfare of human beings or the global human trafficking programme when he posted this
    Wasnt he?

Anyone who is, is labelled a racist even for raising it, so we don't know.

I'd say millions are concerned about this matter and it's high time the country had a sensible conversation about it.

It's not right, and everyone knows it, whoever you vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It's not brilliant news. It's against international laws.

I'm all for going after the gangs who organise such voyages (although the Tories have now reduced our ability to do that with budget cuts) but this is just inhumane.

Also, the Tories have reduced our ability to negotiate and collaborate with the EU so that migrants can be absorbed across the EU.

However, the Tories had no intention of dealing with this when we were in the EU as they used migrants as political leverage to make people angry at the EU and therefore advance their right wing agenda.

Patel is one of the most corrupt and toxic politicians we have ever had. She has been found guilty of bullying on THREE separate occasions which cost the tax payer money in compensation.
    She's a twat

Wasnt he?

Anyone who is, is labelled a racist even for raising it, so we don't know.

I'd say millions are concerned about this matter and it's high time the country had a sensible conversation about it.

It's not right, and everyone knows it, whoever you vote for.
    Yes I am certain he wasn't

If you think this is why they’re doing this I’ve got a bridge to sell you, you disingenuous c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    After last nights game football is the last thing I want to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If you think this is why they’re doing this I’ve got a bridge to sell you, you disingenuous c*nt.
    What's your solution? Or do you just ignore it and insult anyone with a different view or who tries to address and acknowledge issues?

What would you do?

And yes, this is a part of the global human trafficking trade. It absolutely is.

And no, not everyone arriving in boats is fleeing war.

And no, they aren't all good, honourable people. Some are. Some aren't. Most destroy ID so we have no idea.

There is a process and this isnt it.

We all know, just some are willing to address it, and some are happy with fingers in ears insulting people and shouting racist.

Sounds like the measures to joint measures to deal with this broke down with France on Wednesday .

I wonder if France has any interest in stopping this .

I am baffled why so many migrants travel through so many wonderful Europe countries to get to us, many say we treat folk dreadfully ??

The mayor of Calais summed it up for me when interviewed a month or so ago ( "if you didn't make it so inviting they would not cross" ) so it begs the question how are they treated on mainland Europe and France , what don't they get in France that forces them to our shores , are they treated that badly , are they victimised ??

What's your solution? Or do you just ignore it and insult anyone with a different view or who tries to address and acknowledge issues?

What would you do?
    Are you saying this thread was about solutions and trying to address and acknowledge issues ?

I thought it was a rant from a Sun reader

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Are you saying this thread was about solutions and trying to address and acknowledge issues ?

I thought it was a rant from a Sun reader
    So no solution then? No ideas? No proposals?

Lots of words, lots of virtue-signalling. No actual solution?

invite them all in, give them shelter and safety and show them compassion.
    then train them to drive an HGV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    invite them all in, give them shelter and safety and show them compassion.
    then train them to drive an HGV.
    And work in ticket offices at football clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s a PR exercise, she’s got no power to turn them back in International waters. The French will not stop them leaving their waters and once they're over the dotted line they’re the UKs responsibility and since we left the EU we can no longer deport them
    Your first four words should have been a thread closer Des.

What would you do?

And yes, this is a part of the global human trafficking trade. It absolutely is.

And no, not everyone arriving in boats is fleeing war.

And no, they aren't all good, honourable people. Some are. Some aren't. Most destroy ID so we have no idea.

There is a process and this isnt it.

We all know, just some are willing to address it, and some are happy with fingers in ears insulting people and shouting racist.
    It’s not my job to come up with a solution is it but I’m not a callous pricks I wouldn’t turn them around at sea and send them back. I’d take them in and properly process them and then see what the best course of action is.

“Most” ripping up IDs etc shows the exact sort of bollocks you’ve been lapping up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your first four words should be a thread closer Des.
    Also she is a proper nasty **** so this attitude should be taken with everything that comes out of her mouth.

It’s not my job to come up with a solution is it but I’m not a callous pricks I wouldn’t turn them around at sea and send them back. I’d take them in and properly process them and then see what the best course of action is.

“Most” ripping up IDs etc shows the exact sort of bollocks you’ve been lapping up.
    Again..

Any proposal? NO
    Personal Insult? YES
    Virtue signal? RECEIVED
    Problem solved? NO.

I sense you have no idea what is happening on the ground at all. Nor care.

Also she is a proper nasty **** so this attitude should be taken with everything that comes out of her mouth.
    Whereas the human traffickers friend here sounds like a right nice chap.