+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I would be interested to know if posters think there should be limit to what the UK can take in. Or should we just say balls to it lets just ferry everyone in who wants to be British.
    There’s loads of British folk who move abroad, there’s even TV programmes dedicated to them. Got a genteel name for them as well...ex-pats, they don’t mix with the locals, they attempt to create a little UK in the sun.....every time ex-pat is uttered on the box I shout immigrant. I’m wrong though I s’pose, they’re white.

They return to these shores every now and again though for doctor’s appointments or various other NHS things.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s loads of British folk who move abroad, there’s even TV programmes dedicated to them. Got a genteel name for them as well...ex-pats, they don’t mix with the locals, they attempt to create a little UK in the sun.....every time ex-pat is uttered on the box I shout immigrant. I’m wrong though I s’pose, they’re white.

They return to these shores every now and again though for doctor’s appointments or various other NHS things.
    When you say moving abroad it probably means the service of a removal company

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    When you say moving abroad it probably means the service of a removal company

Your point is?

Your point is?
    The thread is not about expats which you brought up.

do the brits [whites] abroad get to decide what films are shown in their new country?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    do the brits [whites] abroad get to decide what films are shown in their new country?
    Do immigrants here get that luxury?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do immigrants here get that luxury?
    errr lady of heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    Yep, on the campsites, a different ‘Carry On’ between housey housey sessions

Every country has ex-pats, its not a British thing, the Chinese have " China town " in various cities around the world

When I Lived in Sydney, you had communities of ex-pats from various countries, I was involved in the Lebanese community as I was dating the daughter of a Lebanese immigrant, it was very tight knit, the older generation refused to speak to me, would often abuse me in arabic, it was funny, I would be abused by them for being white and she was abused by Australians for not being white still makes me chuckle