Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
I voted for him and remain reasonably happy with his leadership of the party.

Not concerned that some find him boring. We've just had three years of a clown in charge and look where that's got us. Politics is not a branch of entertainment, give me decency and competence any day of the week.

Don't forget the mess that Corbyn left. An 80 seat Tory majority and trailing 20% or more in opinion polls.

The party has a much more competent front bench as it moves to being regarded as a government in waiting rather than just a party of protest.

Lots to do and I'd like to see more dynamism and policy initiatives, which will hopefully come in the autumn via the party conference.
I know we won't agree on Corbyn - or the reasons for the 2019 election failure - but to suggest that Starmer presents either decency or competence is beyond me. We have discussed this before, but to my mind he is an incompetent, a serial liar (not in Johnson's league - but bad enough) and (at best) an apologist and enabler of racists inside and outside the Labour Party.

Despite that a Labour government under Starmer is much better than any of the options on offer by the Tories. I will vote Labour again (as I have done at every GE since 1979) but without any enthusiasm.