Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I doubt not many even with the salary could deliver what he has in his remarkable career , you don't have to like him or his tactics but you do have to give him recognition for his success and admire his continued zest for football .

72 now still punching his weight ,annoying folk , he must love the sport.

He signed some good lads and poor ones

I must confess liking that promotional year, we were a bit low as a club he picked us up, got the crowd singing , went around small venues around the valleys talking to people , selling the club , yes its was a bit blood and thunder , more determination than skill at times lashings of loads of good old anger and strength and intimidation , he though did lift the club from the doldrums and remarkably up into the Premiership and nearly survived, where better teams tried and failed to go up .

PS Dealing with the Sala incident must have been tough on top of an almost impossible tasks of staying up .
I think he's probably a bit of a bully but he gets results

Great time to be a cardiff fan under him , until the premiership

In that promotion season we were winning games , getting stuck in and getting on everybody's nerves

That's when we are best as a club

In the Eddie May promotion year we had players like stant and ramsay who got into the opposition

We played some nice football as we did under warnock but the main aim was to stick the ball in the net and defend well

And win games !