+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CARDIFF CITY TRAINING SESSION

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY TRAINING SESSION

I hope none of our opponents get hold of that. They’ll know that our plan is to take shots and score some goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I hope none of our opponents get hold of that. They’ll know that our plan is to take shots and score some goals.
    That was just a ruse. We're going to fool them by not doing either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That was just a ruse. We're going to continue to fool them by not doing either of those things.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Whatever happened to those thirty seven shots a game we were supposed to be getting under Neil Harris?

He's said he'll find a style to suit the players he's got. I wonder how fans will react to that and whether Harris would have got away with saying the same thing rather than haphazardly trying to develop our play? It always seems easier to go back-to-basics rather than developing a more progressive style, especially if money is tight and lack of youngsters ready to step up.

I've seen nothing/heard nothing so far to suggest Mick will be here longer term, but I also like him as a person and am happy (so far) that we'll be adding out name to the list of clubs he's managed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's said he'll find a style to suit the players he's got. I wonder how fans will react to that and whether Harris would have got away with saying the same thing rather than haphazardly trying to develop our play?
    I hope it means he's going to try to properly employ the wide men and stretch the play across the width of the pitch a good bit more often. City have Hoilett, Wilson, Ojo and Murphy in the ranks, and they're all capable players at this level, but front men very rarely seem to get decent service from wide positions. I'm sure McCarthy will be looking to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I hope it means he's going to try to properly employ the wide men and stretch the play across the width of the pitch a good bit more often. City have Hoilett, Wilson, Ojo and Murphy in the ranks, and they're all capable players at this level, but front men very rarely seem to get decent service from wide positions. I'm sure McCarthy will be looking to address that.
    Agree with that, with big Kieff up front and the wingers we have available it baffles me we don't get more balls into the box.

He's said he'll find a style to suit the players he's got. I wonder how fans will react to that and whether Harris would have got away with saying the same thing rather than haphazardly trying to develop our play? It always seems easier to go back-to-basics rather than developing a more progressive style, especially if money is tight and lack of youngsters ready to step up.

I've seen nothing/heard nothing so far to suggest Mick will be here longer term, but I also like him as a person and am happy (so far) that we'll be adding out name to the list of clubs he's managed.
    He's also said he's not really sure what to do with the players at his disposal, as we can all tell the players don't really work together. I hope he addresses the midfield and Morrison's partner (although MM could pick Nelson up and improve his game).

Arm around Wilson isn't a shock, he'll know he needs to get the most out of him, Moore and Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's also said he's not really sure what to do with the players at his disposal, as we can all tell the players don't really work together. I hope he addresses the midfield and Morrison's partner (although MM could pick Nelson up and improve his game).

Arm around Wilson isn't a shock, he'll know he needs to get the most out of him, Moore and Morrison.
    Plenty have highlighted the issue in midfield but, as far as I can tell, no one has any answers about what to do with Ralls, Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks until their contracts run out. By omission of other suggestions, it seems most are happy for them to be sitting in the stands but I can't see that being a goer with those managing an ever tightening budget.

I am happy to be proved wrong though especially if Pack develops capacity to play 90 minutes alongside one of the other three, who all do a similar job, which would improve things massively.

Plenty have highlighted the issue in midfield but, as far as I can tell, no one has any answers about what to do with Ralls, Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks until their contracts run out. By omission of other suggestions, it seems most are happy for them to be sitting in the stands but I can't see that being a goer with those managing an ever tightening budget.

I am happy to be proved wrong though especially if Pack develops capacity to play 90 minutes alongside one of the other three, who all do a similar job, which would improve things massively.
    I think you can move one or two of them off or even on loan. I don't think they're necessarily all bad players but they're very similar (with the exception of Pack, but even he is so slow in possession). I haven't got a clue what to do but I can't imagine that nobody wants them, we moved on Gavin Whyte so we should be able to move on Vaulks!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Unless we sign a ball-playing midfielder before the transfer window closes, I don't think he has much choice other than to play 4-4-2 until Tomlin is available. It's the only formation that has worked for us this season.
    I think we will play 442 if Watters is any good. He's been signed to play alongside Moore. The only other thing would be to play 3-5-2 (or some variant) but we'd need wing backs and a way to use our wingers better so I think that's a bit of a non starter.