+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bristol v Jacks tonight

Re: Bristol v Jacks tonight

2300 Swansea fans there last night

That's good support considering the crap start

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Our game against Bristol City isn't usually a bubble is it? It wasn't last time I went
    It wasn't and there was a fair amount of trouble unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I live in Grangetown and bleed Cardiff while my son who after a divorce grew up in Swansea and is definitely a Jack
    It’s the way the mop flops
    Any others on here have divided loyalties family wise?
    Yeah my Mum and her family are all Jacks mate.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    2300 Swansea fans there last night

That's good support considering the crap start
    It gives them a chance to get out of Abertawe!!

I live in Grangetown and bleed Cardiff while my son who after a divorce grew up in Swansea and is definitely a Jack
    I have family in Swansea and although I wouldn’t say they were avid fans they do have a liking for the Club. And for the numptees who deride the place should get off their arses and have a look around it. It has some beautiful places and parks

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    From what i saw of swansea tonight, they don't control the midfield like they could under previous managers, and they were pretty cynical with their fouls. This new bloke has only just started, but they look average to me. If Bristol City had a ruthless streak they's have won that game, even with them being utter shite.
    Everything went through Grimes yesterday

They will be lost if he goes

I completely agree
    The coastline down west is breathtaking- Caswall Bay - Langland Bay and further.
    My first wife divorced me !!
    She was from Port Talbot originally
    We had two children
    She moved to Swansea when they were three years old - that was thirty years ago
    My boy grew up in a Swansea school supporting Swansea
    He’s been in the Ninian Stand when we played the Jacks and I’ve been in the Swansea end with him and his mates at the Liability Stadium
    The Away game for me was sweetest because we were behind the goal when Bellamy hit a screamer on 85 minutes
    Mad to think that was ten years ago
    Still I’d like to think as our clubs rivalry as football banter
    We’re all Welsh at the end of the day 😃👍

Sort of, some of my partner’s family are jacks. They aren’t from Swansea though and they don’t really have that civic chip on the shoulder attitude I’ve found from jacks I know from the city itself. In that sense they’re much like myself as I’m not a Cardiffian either so that second city/capital thing is meaningless to me. They’re proper football people, and sports generally, and aren’t really interested in the banter and are pretty civil - at least to my face! Haha.

So it’s a bit of a weird one, it’s almost like they support some other fairly inoffensive club we share a division with rather than a big rival.

Luckily no one in my family supports our rivals.

My father is a nominal city fan as Rugby is his sport, but my brothers, nephews and my own kids are all city fans.

As for the game last night.. both teams have some great technically gifted players on the ball and able to run with the ball well... but both teams lacked composure, a cutting edge, gave the ball away and I would say both teams very clumsy. The ref actually had a very good game because it was a pretty dirty and cynical affair.

The Wurzels should have really made more of their chance.

I completely agree
    The coastline down west is breathtaking- Caswall Bay - Langland Bay and further.
    My first wife divorced me !!
    She was from Port Talbot originally
    We had two children
    She moved to Swansea when they were three years old - that was thirty years ago
    My boy grew up in a Swansea school supporting Swansea
    He’s been in the Ninian Stand when we played the Jacks and I’ve been in the Swansea end with him and his mates at the Liability Stadium
    The Away game for me was sweetest because we were behind the goal when Bellamy hit a screamer on 85 minutes
    Mad to think that was ten years ago
    Still I’d like to think as our clubs rivalry as football banter
    We’re all Welsh at the end of the day 😃👍
    That's a tough gig!

I'd like to think I could sit in a stand with some of my Swansea supporting friends and all get on, with a large dose of banter. But it's a few lunatics that would take things too far.

I recently played in a football tournament in Uganda for the USA in a tournament and the only other British guy on the team was a Jack. We got on great and managed to watch Wales in the euros together.

Yes we hate the jacks but the reality is we probably have more in common with their supporters (maybe not the union jack flying ones) than any other supporters in the championship.

I completely agree AB
    The end of the day it’s PASSION
    both sets of supporters being passionately loyal to their respective club
    But ultimately we are both Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    That’s pretty cool playing abroad in a tourney ⚽️👍

Loads of liverpool/man u divides in the valleys.