+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Done

Newcastle Takeover Done

Saudi Arabian-backed takeover of Newcastle United has been completed.

The Premier League has approved the takeover after receiving "legally binding assurances" that the Saudi state would not control the club.

Re: Newcastle Takeover Done

bad news

Have you seen the woman who led the takeover bid ?

Something about the eyes

Another failure by the fit and proper person test.

What I find irritating is the "woe is me" Newcastle fans with their regular stay in the premier league and their tight fisted chairman who has spent £20m+ on a player four or five times. It'll do them good to spend another season or two in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post

What I find irritating is the "woe is me" Newcastle fans with their regular stay in the premier league and their tight fisted chairman who has spent £20m+ on a player four or five times. It'll do them good to spend another season or two in the championship
    To be fair there have been plenty of similar sized clubs and smaller clubs that have had more success than them.

It's their turn maybe and I couldn't begrudge them that.

Proper football City.

Yeah, human rights are overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post

Not likely now…

The Sunderland Message Board is busy as you can imagine.

They do like a whinge up there. They’ll no doubt find fault with the new owners. Always a bit of an interesting circus, one thing I will say though is that everyone in the area seems to have an opinion and a view on the club’s goings ons. Always a love/hate relationship, love the club, hate the owners

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They do like a whinge up there. They’ll no doubt find fault with the new owners. Always a bit of an interesting circus, one thing I will say though is that everyone in the area seems to have an opinion and a view on the club’s goings ons. Always a love/hate relationship, love the club, hate the owners
    A sense of entitlement, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    A sense of entitlement, perhaps?
    They did win the FA Cup in 1955 mind, followed closely by the Inter City Fairs Cup In 1969

All seems very fishy to me. Press are banging on about how they can now sign Mbappe and the like and Newcastle are now the richest club in the world.
    Man City all over again really.

Modern football is just totally mental these days with top clubs needing to rely on Middle East, Russian and US billionaire corporations.

They'll probably still be crap.

Did no one tell the Saudi’s they could have had us for 250 million less?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Did no one tell the Saudi’s they could have had us for 250 million less?
    I don't think they are looking for a bargain

What are they looking for? Throw a billion at a club I guess it’s big. It’s cost the owners of Man City over a billion to get where they are, prob same for PSG. Neither won the big one yet.

Even if they did reach the top 6 in the next few years, you get the impression they're just as likely to be bottom 6 again soon after.

I understand the hypocrisy but god I hope they get relegated

What are they looking for? Throw a billion at a club I guess it’s big. It’s cost the owners of Man City over a billion to get where they are, prob same for PSG. Neither won the big one yet.
    Sportswashing

God help Steve Bruce when he gets called in to see the new owners. Will he ever be seen again ☠️

I have been thinking about this tonight,

And to take a alternative viewpoint, one could argue that as of today the incredible wealthy regime exists wether you like it or not, so we have two options, either not engage and take a moral high ground, or let them get involved and try and influence change from example.

Who knows maybe seeing women in high positions, LGBT campaigns, fans drinking and living liberally in our culture might slowly open minds, maybe not their current generation of rulers but their children and their children, maybe instead of shunning them, but leading by example, they might see some of the positives of western values.

The other point is financial, not allowing them to purchase newcastle does not change how much wealth they have, but surely spending 100's of millions in the UK is money that is coming into our economy, instead of theirs, I would rather Mbape paying 40% tax in this country than in France or Spain.

My prediction is that the will come third next season........it's going to be a tough Championship again!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    My prediction is that the will come third next season........it's going to be a tough Championship again!
    They'll have a new European manager soon. And two or three marquee signings come January. With more to come next summer. I don't expect to see them drop out of the EPL for a long, long time.

Will they ever win anything?

Will they ever win anything?
    Within the last ten years, Wigan and Leicester have won the FA Cup, Swansea have won the EFL Cup and Leicester have won the Premier League, while a mediocre Arsenal side has won the FA Cup three times, so there's no reason why Newcastle can't win something.