+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan interview

Re: Harry and Meghan interview

The monarchy, the media and I’d say a great majority of the British public are racist. I’ll leave this here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tandards-royal

Like the way they mentioned racism aswell as the media being a big part of why they left, not sure about US media but I’d say the problem over there with racism is massive compared to here.

If t hey REALLY want to break away from the royal family, Harry should have a DNA comparison with Charles done - and that equery of Diana... allegedly.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=prin...AUQ9QF6BAgFEAE

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No. Seen the news.

Your last line on the Queen. Didnt he praise her and not put any blame on her and also say he is more in contact with her than before.
    One hour ago Oprah Winfrey: Skin colour remark 'not Queen nor Duke'

Bloody media wish they'd leave this poor pair alone .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

It was outrageously intrusive for the media to film a private conversation they had with Oprah.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Crikey...my money was on Phillip....must have been Charlie hey

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was outrageously intrusive for the media to film a private conversation they had with Oprah.
    Just for a few million quids too

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The monarchy, the media and I’d say a great majority of the British public are racist. I’ll leave this here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tandards-royal
    The monarchy can answer for themselves, undoubtedly there will be some racists in the media, but to say the great majority of the British public is racist is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Well done to all who have contributed to this topic so far - sensible observations on a topic that's bound to create some heat in the coming weeks and months. A majority of the British public is supportive of a constitutional monarchy that we have in UK, it fits in with the nation's history and helps give us a global prominence, particularly through the Commonwealth, we wouldn't otherwise enjoy.

A lot of people's opinion of the characters involved will have been shaped by what they've seen and heard in 'The Crown' which is not always a good guide. This current spat is typical of how the family - and more particularly their advisers - handle personal relationships and as ever is therefore badly flawed. And this is a trait they can't always control, small things get amplified out of proportion; take for instance the revelation that's probably going to dominate the conversation that during Meghan's pregnancy 'concern' was expressed about 'how dark' the baby's skin would be. Apparently the comment was conveyed to Harry who shared it with Meghan and now she's revealed it to the world in the Oprah interview.

Who knows where and by whom the observation was originally made and how innocuous or mischievous was it intended to be? We'll probably never find out but, in the public and international domain it is incredibly damaging not least to UK's trade ambitions with the US where race is more divisive and damaging than UK. The topic dominated the breakfast shows this morning.

Final thought is the British royal family continues to struggle with inter-personal relationships which, when revealed, are extremely damaging. I've never thought this before now but the Queen (you know, the one we think of as stable an sensible) is, through the natural process of ageing, ill-equipped to take the lead and put this to bed. The interview is damaging, like both Charles's and Diana's in their marriage break up, and is likely to run for years to come given Harry and Meghan's youth.

MacAdder in the previous post said it is all 'rather sad' - as a Brit living abroad I agree and sadly see no upside anywhere.
    An excellent summary 👍

Prince Harry not Meghan has got an awful lot to answer for. He made the decision to effectively split from the royal family seeking a much quieter lifestyle, but ever since he's courted publicity instead of maintaining a lower profile. He can't have it both ways and washing his dirty laundry in public is undignified.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The monarchy can answer for themselves, undoubtedly there will be some racists in the media, but to say the great majority of the British public is racist is ridiculous.
    there are different degrees of racism - but if you live in a racist society how can you not have some inherent prejudices

Part of me wants it to be one of Will and Kate's kids who asked (innocently) about the potential colour of Harry's baby, and not someone older who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Part of me wants it to be one of Will and Kate's kids who asked (innocently) about the potential colour of Harry's baby, and not someone older who should know better.
    do t be so naive

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there are different degrees of racism - but if you live in a racist society how can you not have some inherent prejudices
    Are we a racist society? We are a society who has racists ( too many probably)but I am not sure I would go further than that

Are we a racist society? We are a society who has racists ( too many probably)but I am not sure I would go further than that
    we live in an institutionally racist society.
    we have a racist press

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I don't have much of an interest in the royal family. I don't even really support the institution. However, out of interest I watched the interview last night. I guess I figured it would be historically significant.

My overall thought watching was good for them both calling out the systemic racism and nastiness of not only the royal family but the entire British establishment and especially the media.

Forward to this morning and seeing British nationalists and royalists having a complete meltdown was incredibly satisfying. I hope this marks the start of the end of the royal family, or at least their prominence and wrongly elevated position. They are, as an institution, an absolute disgrace and bollocks to this nonsense that the Queen is a nice lady, she ain't.

Anyone else see it?
    That Meghan has a face you can hate i can't stand the sight of her and never have..
    Oh and i'd be happy to see the royal family thrown into the sea.

The way I see it, a naive American thought it would be great to be a real princess. But after a very short space of time, she twigged that it meant she wouldn't be able to carry on doing whatever she wanted. Being a feisty independent woman and all that, she decided that wasn't on, and walked away. Harry had a choice - go with her and his kid, or stay home and lose them both. She had him by the royal balls. Sorry, but this looks like a classic case of gold-digger to me...
    As for the racism, this isn't America. No-one cares what colour she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do t be so naive
    My money's on Camilla anyway

My money's on Camilla anyway
    Philip or Charlie more likely

Its celebrity gossip, immensely wealthy people screaming at each other through the media. I don't know why some people are getting so wound up at the possibility of the royals being racist, I always assumed they would be to an extent. Their whole thing is being born into immense privilege on account of their supposedly superior bloodline, hardly a shock that they'd have some dodgy views.

The French had the right idea

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The way I see it, a naive American thought it would be great to be a real princess. But after a very short space of time, she twigged that it meant she wouldn't be able to carry on doing whatever she wanted. Being a feisty independent woman and all that, she decided that wasn't on, and walked away. Harry had a choice - go with her and his kid, or stay home and lose them both. She had him by the royal balls. Sorry, but this looks like a classic case of gold-digger to me...
    As for the racism, this isn't America. No-one cares what colour she is.
    lol. UK voted out of europe on the back of racism.
    You may want to browse the daily mail

I would say there are now far fewer racists about than at any time in my life (I'm 66). Anybody who lived through the 60's and 70's when race hate was commonplace will confirm that.

Im around ten years younger than you moody and as a kid we had rock against racism, rock against fascism and the
    whole sing if you're glad to be gay. Two tone records that did a lot for anti racism.....but 40 years on have we advanced that much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    An excellent summary 👍

Prince Harry not Meghan has got an awful lot to answer for. He made the decision to effectively split from the royal family seeking a much quieter lifestyle, but ever since he's courted publicity instead of maintaining a lower profile. He can't have it both ways and washing his dirty laundry in public is undignified.
    Throw your family and their institution under a bus whilst enjoying the £40 million pounds you've inherited from them. A lot of media attention on the Royal Family for a week or so, but then I suspect Haz will start to ponder on the wisdom of all this. He's got a wealthy millionaire's lifestyle, but seems incapable of enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its celebrity gossip, immensely wealthy people screaming at each other through the media. I don't know why some people are getting so wound up at the possibility of the royals being racist, I always assumed they would be to an extent. Their whole thing is being born into immense privilege on account of their supposedly superior bloodline, hardly a shock that they'd have some dodgy views.

The French had the right idea
    Oh yes well timed money making event , this will have made some serious dosh for Harry Megan and thier very wealthy neighbour and wedding guest Oprah .

True to form old Oprah gave them her usual tough grilling she always gives her guests , she really did nail em to her superb garden furniture , hope thier okay .

First Team

Hopefully these spats will lead to the end of the concept of a monarchy in the UK.
    I have nothing for or against the individuals involved but to defer to a person on the basis of whose womb they vacated seems just a little dated.
    Time to move on but in the meantime I predict a series of unfortunate accidents may befall a couple of individuals.

Mr Bond ,thank you for coming. I have a job for you.