+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yma o Hyd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Yma o Hyd

It's great at Wales games home and away over the last few years. What possessed the CCFC marketing team to pump it out at the recent Jack derby remains a mystery though. Together Stronger and all that at Wales games but in the South Wales Derby it was the equivalent of bringing in a choir to sing Blaydon Races when we played Newcastle.

One thing i will say is that the Welsh FA have done well to tune in to the Welsh Language, 1 up on the rugby. I'm indifferent about the actual song, but i will say that there is an identity amongst Welsh Football fans, it's almost a movement now, and i believe that it has captured the imagination of the Welsh Public. Winning helps, ofcourse, but there is an underlying feeling of defiance and identity at Wales games now. The Nationalist thing is a bit of concern for me, but i would say that it's Nationalism with a small 'n'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    One thing i will say is that the Welsh FA have done well to tune in to the Welsh Language, 1 up on the rugby. I'm indifferent about the actual song, but i will say that there is an identity amongst Welsh Football fans, it's almost a movement now, and i believe that it has captured the imagination of the Welsh Public. Winning helps, ofcourse, but there is an underlying feeling of defiance and identity at Wales games now. The Nationalist thing is a bit of concern for me, but i would say that it's Nationalism with a small 'n'.
    The FAW have got an awful lot right over the past dozen years. They will now receive a windfall from World Cup qualification and I trust them to use the resources wisely..

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The FAW have got an awful lot right over the past dozen years. They will now receive a windfall from World Cup qualification and I trust them to use the resources wisely..
    Imagine saying that 10 years ago!

Imagine saying that 10 years ago!
    When we were ranked 117th!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's great at Wales games home and away over the last few years. What possessed the CCFC marketing team to pump it out at the recent Jack derby remains a mystery though. Together Stronger and all that at Wales games but in the South Wales Derby it was the equivalent of bringing in a choir to sing Blaydon Races when we played Newcastle.
    How embarrassing was that? In today’s ‘Ukraine terms’ it was as though Newcastle had been invaded by their neighbours Sunderland, being raped and pillaged all along the Tyne and we were showing our support.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How embarrassing was that? In today’s ‘Ukraine terms’ it was as though Newcastle had been invaded by their neighbours Sunderland, being raped and pillaged all along the Tyne and we were showing our support.
    Newcastle, Pillaged? They'd have a job! I was back and forth that part of the world during the late eighties, early nineties, Birtley to be exact, what a ****ing dump. I was seeing a lass up that way. She was as rough as ****, but great fun

Newcastle, Pillaged? They'd have a job! I was back and forth that part of the world during the late eighties, early nineties, Birtley to be exact, what a ****ing dump. I was seeing a lass up that way. She was as rough as ****, but great fun
    So you’ve raped & pillaged up there then, I’ve got you down now as the Mackems advance party.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So you’ve raped & pillaged up there then, I’ve got you down now as the Mackems advance party.
    It was the other way round, trust me on that one. That girl did things.....

checking to see if this link works also incase you cant click above... click the nodding dj

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    To be fair we've been playing it for a while, we played it as members of the British armed forces walked around the pitch which I found pretty funny