+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR official and referee WTF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VAR official and referee WTF

QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5184260]Var has improved the flow of games.[/QUOTE]

Really? Take today, the game was held up for quite a while, Man Utd celebrated, the question was raised about the ‘flick off’, VAR was looked at, then the ref went over to the pitchside monitor. Hardly improved the flow of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What happened to the "clear and obvious" bit? Someone had a goal disallowed yesterday for a hand or an elbow and even with the lines it looked level. Who decides whether it's clear and obvious? One person? More? Can the ref overrule the VAR decision?
    I believe the referee's decision is still final.

As you say, it has to be clear and obvious for the decision to be overturned.
    That's why I think the VAR person is gutless to not to have made the decision himself and bending the rule by putting it back in the referee's court so that he himself has change his original decision.
    The referee was weak today and should have stuck by his original decision. He got it wrong IMHO.

Anybody who has played the game at any level, or even watched the game "live" or without the benefit of TV and slow motion, would have said that the goal should have stood for the simple reason that Son was trying to cheat and got caught by the man he was trying to foul. Serves him right!

Unfortunately at the top level these days, common sense gets overruled by idiots using modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Var has led to better decisions being made and improved the flow of games.
    Well the goal that was disallowed today certainly wasn't one of them.

VAR has the potential to be a good thing but the way it is being used is where I see the problem.

Between the referee and the faceless VAR man, they took forever to reach the wrong decision

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really?
    No. I was taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No. I was taking the piss.
    Eric, your subtlety has no beginning

Eric, your subtlety has no beginning
    Too right!

QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5184260]Var has improved the flow of games.
    Really? Take today, the game was held up for quite a while, Man Utd celebrated, the question was raised about the ‘flick off’, VAR was looked at, then the ref went over to the pitchside monitor. Hardly improved the flow of the game.[/QUOTE]