+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wouldn't call shutting at 10 PM a 'major' restriction. And table service is normal in a restaurant anyway isn't it?
    Everybody out by 10pm. That's a 33% reduction in sittings for most restaurants. What would you call it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Everybody out by 10pm. That's a 33% reduction in sittings for most restaurants. What would you call it?
    It doesn't have to be if people eat earlier. No one can make them but they can.

It doesn't have to be if people eat earlier. No one can make them but they can.
    I was speaking to a restaurant owner this morning ( he is a customer of mine ) and he was moaning that the later " sitting " is the better earner, better wine sold is the main extra, i felt for him, but i did point out that if he could get people in eating 30 mins earlier he could get 2 " sittings " in, he moaned some more and i reminded him its got to be better that a " full lockdown " and zero customers, he then had to decide to take the Range Rover, Tesla or Merc, it was a tough choice

International

Not everybody out, just stop serving alcohol at that time. People can still enjoy their meals after that and finish a bottle purchased before 10.

Not everybody out, just stop serving alcohol at that time. People can still enjoy their meals after that and finish a bottle purchased before 10.
    Apologies I must have misunderstood that the new rules meant that every customer was out of the door when the doors locked at 10pm.

Looks like the industry is over-reacting if that's the case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54246253

International

Apologies I must have misunderstood that the new rules meant that every customer was out of the door when the doors locked at 10pm.

Looks like the industry is over-reacting if that's the case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54246253
    No I don't think you did.
    Drakeford only clarified it at a press conference this morning. Same with pubs, last drink 10 but people can then leave in dribs and drabs to avoid a bunch standing the the pavement outside at 10 PM all together.

No I don't think you did.
    Drakeford only clarified it at a press conference this morning. Same with pubs, last drink 10 but people can then leave in dribs and drabs to avoid a bunch standing the the pavement outside at 10 PM all together.
    Living in England might have something to do with it. It's such a shock when politicians clarify an announcement in Parliament and an address to the nation these days!