Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
I wonder what a better condition one would go for. That one is so beat up £200+ seems a lot to pay for it.
I'm not at all convinced this is authentic. It doesn't look like any original programme so I would be very cautious about bidding for this item. Something just seems off.

An original in good condition (which is in colour and has far more content) should start off at £900-£1000 and could easily sell for more. Here's an interesting article from the BBC from Jan '20 re some sales of Cardiff City memorabilia.

These items, when authentic, are pretty good investments as they more than hold their price and will give an excellent return over many years.

Just another note re, the eBay auction listed by the OP - the seller has a score of only 36 (100%), has sold just 1 item in the last 12 months and nothing of higher value listed. They are also only offering to send 1st Class Royal Mail when I would expect something of this value to be stiff-card packaged, tracked and insured. I used to collect old Wisdens about 10 years ago, particularly from the 1930s (a few Bodyline editions) and there were many fakes, aged reprints and re-bound editions to avoid. Back then they were going for £900-£1000 on eBay and even more to collectors around the world. A set from 1939-42 would now be in the region of >£4K.