+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR and offside. It's such a simple solution.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VAR and offside. It's such a simple solution.

Offside should be when the whole of the body is in front of the last defender.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I totally agree, as I stated in post 5, of this thread.

Whole body, no toes, armpits, noses (matt li-tiss), lob-ons, fingers, any thing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I totally agree, as I stated in post 5, of this thread.

Whole body, no toes, armpits, noses (matt li-tiss), lob-ons, fingers, any thing
    Agree with all the above so why don't we just turn these VAR decisions on their head and say, if any part of the body is onside, yes even a finger tip, it is NOT offside. Reverse the VAR silliness in the attackers favour?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just drawing the line in a different place, doesn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just drawing the line in a different place, doesn't change a thing.
    Of course it does.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Of course it does.
    I think VAR is the issue not where the offside happens.

I we say the whole of the body for example they will be looking to see if a bit of toe overlaps with another bit of toe.

Even daylight will lead to arguments over what daylight is and where the line is drawn.

Whichever rule they choose leads to someone drawing a line on VAR and the same arguments will still happen.

Unless there is a way to automate it, the same arguments will keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think VAR is the issue not where the offside happens.

I we say the whole of the body for example they will be looking to see if a bit of toe overlaps with another bit of toe.

Even daylight will lead to arguments over what daylight is and where the line is drawn.

Whichever rule they choose leads to someone drawing a line on VAR and the same arguments will still happen.

Unless there is a way to automate it, the same arguments will keep happening.
    I have no problem with the VAR line. I trust it, I think it's a good thing. I think if both a player's feet are in front of the line he should be offside. I know there would still be fine margins, but if it were kept to feet only and both of them had to be in front of the line, I think it would be easier to take because as a concept it makes more sense. The player would look offside. The law as it stands now is not relatable visually. Bamford was offside, but he doesn't look offside. So naturally, people are up-in-arms about it.