+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Runnarson to continue in goal.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Runnarson to continue in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The fact that Arsenal aren't pressuring the club doesn't mean that Bulut is obliged to play him.
    Of course not.

The suggestion was that Bulut was only playing Runnarson because Arsenal were putting pressure on him - with speculation that there was something in the loan agreement that forced his hand, or he wanted to keep the Arsenal relationship sweet.

Either of those may be true - but from the last few pre match interviews I am inclined to take Bulut at his word. At this time he thinks Runnarson is the better option. He keeps citing Runnarson as better with the ball at his feet, and says Alnwick lost a bit of confidence after the Watford game. He also said that Alnwick could be back in the team at any time. I would prefer to see Alnwick back but don't see any reason not to believe what the manager is explicitly saying to the press.

International

Re: Runnarson to continue in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Of course not.

The suggestion was that Bulut was only playing Runnarson because Arsenal were putting pressure on him - with speculation that there was something in the loan agreement that forced his hand, or he wanted to keep the Arsenal relationship sweet.

Either of those may be true - but from the last few pre match interviews I am inclined to take Bulut at his word. At this time he thinks Runnarson is the better option. He keeps citing Runnarson as better with the ball at his feet, and says Alnwick lost a bit of confidence after the Watford game. He also said that Alnwick could be back in the team at any time. I would prefer to see Alnwick back but don't see any reason not to believe what the manager is explicitly saying to the press.
    Agreed Bulut's press conferences are very good, he gives open honest answers and responses when he can, the only time is a bit cagey is with specific transfer information. Personally, I think Runnarson will come good and win the fans over by the end of the season, but he'll need a good few games now to cement his place, the pressure is on.