+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gerrard to Villa- big mistake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gerrard to Villa- big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Not quite sure about that Delmbox. 17 seasons as a player at liverpool saw 1 Champions league, 2 FA cups, 3 league cups, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Super cup. Not in any way a bad return. But not quite Born winner material. Great team leader and all that, but for a player of his ability and notoriety the Trophy cupboard was lacking. IMO the Villa job has come a season or two too early. But i completely understand why he has taken it.
    Spedger
    In an often average Liverpool team, and how many times did he drag them to those victories. If he'd have left to go to a Chelsea or Man Utd he'd have stacks of trophies. The only player to score in an FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup final, the guy's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    In an often average Liverpool team, and how many times did he drag them to those victories. If he'd have left to go to a Chelsea or Man Utd he'd have stacks of trophies. The only player to score in an FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup final, the guy's a winner.
    It's a fair point. That champions league team had djimi traore on the pitch and Igor biscan on the bench. Both would struggle to stand out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's a fair point. That champions league team had djimi traore on the pitch and Igor biscan on the bench. Both would struggle to stand out for us.
    I'd say that Milan lost that final as opposed to Liverpool winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that Milan lost that final as opposed to Liverpool winning it.
    Probably true. If you look at the Milan line up again, it's incredible. All 11 starters are legends.