Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I don't think in the long term it's enormously damaging. It gives clubs a chance to reset finances and if you are a big club there's a decent chance you can bounce out in a year or two with finances in order and probably a few supporters passions reignited by promotion, visiting new grounds, sticking my the club etc. Sounds better than stagnating in the championship in some respects.

That said...it could take decades to get out, as we know only too well..
How do you reset your finances when the club will make far far less on almost everything? Given our debt levels, impending court cases, with a fan base that in the main feels quite meh at the moment it seems to me it could be quite damaging. Personally think it would take a fair while to correct.

Are we stagnating? We have come down what two three seasons ago? Since our promotion to this level we have mostly had some form of success or excitement at least, even this season, it's not exactly a boring mid table run, plenty to moan about. In the short term I see your point but it's not as if we have struggled for a number of seasons and nothing is happening.

Relegation to me just means more young fans lost to whoever looks good on Sky at the time they are growing up. We have no divine right but with the stadium and facilities the club has built up since our 2003 promotion I think it would be a massive shame for the club to head back down there.

I'd still go down but the thought of us struggling in league 1 with sub 10k crowds would be dreadful compared to where the club could have been. Is what it is I suppose.