+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The metro system is not about the centre of the city, it is about giving people in the Valleys and the outlying towns and districts around the city access quickly cleanly and efficiently to the city centre. That is the way you reduce the congestion and improve the air quality.
    But this council will attack car users all day long but give people no viable alternative. People living in llandrumney and the east of the city have no chance.
    The station can take more trains than it does now. you can go in there at many times of the day and see the empty platforms. a lot of The system that needs upgrading is already bringing trains into it, there just needs to be more. If they made some of the upper valley lines 2 line so trains could pass it might help, but to start doing that now will take years.
    The city was about 250,000 when I was a boy and has been growing ever since, so they have had 60 years to get this somewhere near right and they have done nothing.
    All they do is attack car users as I said. As in another thread, I believe this council is destroying my home city.
    What really rankles is that they know what they are doing and are doing it deliberately.
    They'd rather waste money putting tree pots in Wellfield road and obstructing the buses than do something about getting people to work efficiently
    Just because there are empty platforms doesn't necessarily mean there is room in the lines, unless you want them to start hopping over one another as they travel up and down the valley lines.

International

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Just because there are empty platforms doesn't necessarily mean there is room in the lines, unless you want them to start hopping over one another as they travel up and down the valley lines.
    As I said, if some of the valley lines were made 2 track instead of single track they wouldn't need to hop over each other.
    Also everything that stop at Queen St doesn't stop or need to stop at Central..
    There is room and time, it just takes planning, which this council appears to be incapable of.