+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A sample size of 1,000 is sufficient for polling. They aren't there to say "exactly this amount of people think this", they're just an indicator "60% of our sample think this, its probably about that nationwide"
    Thanks, although I was already fully aware of how polls work.

1,000 people (from who knows where) were apparently polled. That led Walesonline to produce a headline which read: "Almost Two Thirds Of People In Wales Say They Prefer Mark Drakeford's Approach to Covid to England's."

Which is, of course, utter horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

1,000 people (from who knows where) were apparently polled. That led Walesonline to produce a headline which read: "Almost Two Thirds Of People In Wales Say They Prefer Mark Drakeford's Approach to Covid to England's."

Indeed. It could be more or less than that. What we might think due to our own bubble of friends isn't necessarily what everyone thinks.

Of course it is , and if it isn’t , why wouldn’t anybody want a return to normality ?

So why say "just" 1,000 people apparently in your comment? It's a perfectly acceptable amount.

WalesOnline using a clickbait headline? I'm shocked.

So why say "just" 1,000 people apparently in your comment? It's a perfectly acceptable amount.
    Perfectly acceptable to you perhaps. To me, it's just a tiny cross-section of the population. Chester City get twice as many for their home games. Or at least they did before Drakeford's mob stepped in.

Perfectly acceptable to you perhaps. To me, it's just a tiny cross-section of the population. Chester City get twice as many for their home games. Or at least they did before Drakeford's mob stepped in.
    Perfectly acceptable to polling companies and people who spend their lives conducting surveys

But you know better I guess.

Perfectly acceptable to polling companies and people who spend their lives conducting surveys

But you know better I guess.
    According to those people, Brexit would never happen and Trump would never get elected.

But they know best, I guess.

According to those people, Brexit would never happen and Trump would never get elected.

But they know best, I guess.
    Nah not really, a few polls said those things would happen

Yeah they probably do know more about this than you, glad you agree

Nah not really, a few polls said those things would happen
    But did most of the polls say those things would happen? Nah, not really....

I don't know anyone that prefers Drakeford's approach

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I don't know anyone that prefers Drakeford's approach
    I know plenty of people who prefer Drakeford to Johnson, but most people I've spoken to (including most of those who prefer Drakeford) think they're both tossers.