+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    a) The Gilet Jaune protests were very well covered, please see this link as a breakdown of just some of the times they were featured in reports, with links to clips https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-vest-protests

b) As you've said, the Black Lives Matter protests have been going on for 5 days, if you think they'll still be getting the same amount of coverage as they are now if they're still going on in a month then you've got a very poor understanding of how news cycles work, especially when it comes to things that happen outside of this country. Add to that they're mostly happening in the country we're culturally closest to and it doesn't really take anyone who's not a complete idiot to understand why it's leading the news at the moment.

c) I'll tell you what is strange "innit", you've literally made something up - "virtually no TV coverage" - just so you can be negative about the BLM protests. But rather than saying that you don't like seeing those black people protest because you know that's not really a good look for you, you've tried to be clever and gone "yeah but what about this, isn't that interesting, I wonder why that is hmmm ehhhh?."

d) Don't ever try to be clever again, it's gone awfully for you.
    I have not been negative about BLM at all. For your information I am of ethnic background myself. So not trying to be clever at all. Both events were/are just causes, just saying there is disparity in coverage. Don't try and put words in other peoples mouths it's not a good look for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    I have not been negative about BLM at all. For your information I am of ethnic background myself. So not trying to be clever at all. Both events were/are just causes, just saying there is disparity in coverage. Don't try and put words in other peoples mouths it's not a good look for you.
    Well if you weren't being negative you were just making stuff up for no reason then. I suppose that's better

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well if you weren't being negative you were just making stuff up for no reason then. I suppose that's better
    That's a poor attempt at trying to be a clever kent, just making yourself look like an ignorant pwick.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    That's a poor attempt at trying to be a clever kent, just making yourself look like an ignorant pwick.
    Ok mate, carry on

Noticed some horrific footage of violence in Ireland apparently to do with BLM, yet the press aren't covering it, I wonder why not ?, I notice posters on social media are pondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Noticed some horrific footage of violence in Ireland apparently to do with BLM, yet the press aren't covering it, I wonder why not ?, I notice posters on social media are pondering the same thing.
    Obviously I don't know what you're referring to, but are you sure it's genuine? There's a lot of old footage that is mislabelled and then does the rounds on social media.