+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Masks Yes or No After Restrictions Lifted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Masks Yes or No After Restrictions Lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There isn't much evidence that they alter post operative infection rates very much - they are more useful for protecting the wearer from things from the patient though. I've been in plenty of operating theatres and none of the surgeon's i've worked with would be prepared to do it without a mask, even on a cadaver.
    of course he wears a mask but claims they are effective for about 15 minutes and then they start pulling at them with their fingers.
    i really don't know either way tbh

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    of course he wears a mask but claims they are effective for about 15 minutes and then they start pulling at them with their fingers.
    i really don't know either way tbh
    that's really odd, none of the surgeons I've worked with would do anything like that. they are ultra careful about what they touch with their hands when aseptic, they won't even scratch their face if they have an itch. they certainly don't start pulling their mask around after 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's really odd, none of the surgeons I've worked with would do anything like that. they are ultra careful about what they touch with their hands when aseptic, they won't even scratch their face if they have an itch. they certainly don't start pulling their mask around after 15 minutes
    I would imagine that if ever some complication or infection arose from an operation, every tiny detail like that would be examined with the finest of toothcombs. An itch, sneeze, anything like that, must require a hygiene procedure. It's not as if surgeons are alone, either.