+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welsh health minister Eluned Morgan banned from driving for speeding

International

Welsh health minister Eluned Morgan banned from driving for speeding

She has to resign surely?

Mark Drakeford said Bors should resign for having a sausage roll, so logically he would want her to resign?

Surely Speeding fines of more than 12 points beats a sausage roll and a swig of champers?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...iving-23425545

https://nation.cymru/news/first-mini...artygate-fine/

Re: Welsh health minister Eluned Morgan banned from driving for speeding

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Mark Drakeford said Bors should resign for having a sausage roll, so logically he would want her to resign?

Surely Speeding fines of more than 12 points beats a sausage roll and a swig of champers?

So do you think both should resign?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He clearly is a tory and is trying to deflect the fact that the prime minister , who he supports ,lied to the country and told us to get in line whilst he drank alcohol and stuffed his face at parties that were banned

Nothing to do with eluned Morgan getting a driving ban for speeding , which she's going to accept I assume

International

No Sausage rolls were fine, you are unlikely to kill someone, her offence is more severe and could have had serous consequences so possibly?

If Drakeford says Boris should resign, is it alright to say but she shouldn't because shes labour?

Come on you have to use the same standards, live by the sword die by the sword, Kier is prepared to face the consequences?

Kier shouldn't though, a beer and a curry is fine in my book he was working.

No Sausage rolls were fine, you are unlikely to kill someone, her offence is more severe and could have had serous consequences so possibly?

If Drakeford says Boris should resign, is it alright to say but she shouldn't because shes labour?

Come on you have to use the same standards, live by the sword die by the sword, Kier is prepared to face the consequences?

Kier shouldn't though, a beer and a curry is fine in my book he was working.
    Under your dear leader, well over 100 fines were issued to people he was responsible for, for the legislation that he introduced and consistently lied about.

In addition a number of parties weren't investigated by the Met police, of which no one knows why.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He clearly is a tory and is trying to deflect the fact that the prime minister , who he supports ,lied to the country and told us to get in line whilst he drank alcohol and stuffed his face at parties that were banned

Nothing to do with eluned Morgan getting a driving ban for speeding , which she's going to accept I assume
    Not necessaraly, I have previously voted labour, but i'm not a lefty.

It's not deflecting anything Boris has been debated ever since he was elected, and many people on here were saying he should resign which is fair enough if thats you genuine opinion. Now we have a Labour minister who commits a series of offences and thats suddenly pefectly acceptable, she shouldn't resign it's all fine, nothing to see here ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Under your dear leader, well over 100 fines were issued to people he was responsible for, for the legislation that he introduced and consistently lied about.

In addition a number of parties weren't investigated by the Met police, of which no one knows why.
    Now this is deflecting, the debate is about the double standards, one rule for Boris another rule for his team member Eluned, defend that if you can, although you can't because it's wrong to have double standards.

Back to defelcting...........

Why wait until now to link the story? She's already half way through her ban.

Now this is deflecting, the debate is about the double standards, one rule for Boris another rule for his team member Eluned, defend that if you can, although you can't because it's wrong to have double standards.

Back to defelcting...........
    Not at all. The reason Johnson should resign is that he broke his own rules created to prevent the spread of disease during a pandemic. Rules that he said MUST be followed, including attending funerals and visiting relatives in hospital or care homes.

He then, repeatedly, lied about his actions and changed his story. Not only in interviews but to parliament.

If the first reason, partying against the rules during a pandemic, is not reason enough to resign, lying to parliament (as well as via media) most certainly is.

You're advocating an MP resigning over a speeding ticket? I bet half of them would have to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post

Because there was no evidence on those ones possibly ? Just a thought. Unless you are suggesting that the Police are biased or politically corrupt. In which case please explain why they didn't investigate Starmers ‘knees up’ until they were forced to do so.

Yes, both should do the honourable thing and fall on their swords.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're advocating an MP resigning over a speeding ticket? I bet half of them would have to resign.
    No it's a driving ban, so either multiple offences or one big one over 100mph to be banned.

I don't think politicians should resign over minor offences, but the lefties did when Boris got caught and demanded it, then changed their minds when Kier got caught, now want to bury this one completely under the carpet.

If you demand Boris resigned, you should be demanding Kier and Uluned resign, otherwise it's pure doeble standards.

She should stand fir and refuse, and say it's minor and i'll pay for any drivers having to drive me around because I can't drive mysellf to work. She needs to get on with the job, the Welsh NHS is in a right mess!

Not necessaraly, I have previously voted labour, but i'm not a lefty.

It's not deflecting anything Boris has been debated ever since he was elected, and many people on here were saying he should resign which is fair enough if thats you genuine opinion. Now we have a Labour minister who commits a series of offences and thats suddenly pefectly acceptable, she shouldn't resign it's all fine, nothing to see here ?
    Half the people on this board probably have speeding tickets or bans and the other half probably went to illegal gatherings during the pandemic and think it was a great wheeze to break the rules. Double standards is putting it mildly.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why wait until now to link the story? She's already half way through her ban.
    It was on the news yesterday and it occured to me there was not a mention of her resigning, or Drakefords comments about Boris resigning?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-Oxford.html

Even I don’t think that is a resigning matter, but it does tell you what sort of man he is.

Although it’s not a good look for a politician these days, speeding bans have never been a resigning matter for politicians as far as I’m aware - maybe if she was a transport minister?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Half the people on this board probably have speeding tickets or bans and the other half probably went to illegal gatherings during the pandemic and think it was a great wheeze to break the rules. Double standards is putting it mildly.
    Which half do you fall into?

Or is maths not your strong point?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You dont half talk cr@p.😂😂😂😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Even I don’t think that is a resigning matter, but it does tell you what sort of man he is.

Although it’s not a good look for a politician these days, speeding bans have never been a resigning matter for politicians as far as I’m aware - maybe if she was a transport minister?
    I'll see your parking tickets and sausage rolls and raise you a driving ban!

He's a bit of a scally I know, but the "you should resign" was ridiclous and has come back to bite Kier and Drakeford on the arse.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The question to come from all these you resigns is what really is a resigning matter?

Covid Partygate?
    Speeding driving bans?
    Drink driving bans?
    How far up from there?

No it's a driving ban, so either multiple offences or one big one over 100mph to be banned.

I don't think politicians should resign over minor offences, but the lefties did when Boris got caught and demanded it, then changed their minds when Kier got caught, now want to bury this one completely under the carpet.

If you demand Boris resigned, you should be demanding Kier and Uluned resign, otherwise it's pure doeble standards.

She should stand fir and refuse, and say it's minor and i'll pay for any drivers having to drive me around because I can't drive mysellf to work. She needs to get on with the job, the Welsh NHS is in a right mess!
    Boris should have gone.
    Starmer should have gone.
    Not sure about the Elinud Morgan one but it's a bit rich being told to drive at 20mph while Welsh ministers are racing around 'late for meetings'

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You dont half talk cr@p.����������
    The point he was making is that a lot of people calling for Boris to resign broke covid rules themselves.

He's a bit of a scally I know, but the "you should resign" was ridiclous and has come back to bite Kier and Drakeford on the arse.
    I don't think it will, Johnson's approval rating has nosedived since the whole party thing started, he is clinging on by a thread and any further bad publicity will likely being him down at any minute.

He should have resigned for lying about it. Serial lying. Contempt for the public. Ingrained dishonesty.

For many/most people calling for him to quit it was never about 'a bit of cake' or a 'sausage roll' or a glass of wine.

The point he was making is that a lot of people calling for Boris to resign broke covid rules themselves.
    Come off it. 😂😂😂😂

Only lefties want Boris to resign. 😂😂😂😂