+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

I suspect he wasn't given much choice

Re: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Don’t like him much but the new TV rules mean you have to be careful about your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I suspect he wasn't given much choice
    He'll be back in a month, just trying to up stage those other self serving tossers (the royals)

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Don’t like him much but the new TV rules mean you have to be careful about your opinions
    Using your platform to say to 7m people that you don't believe someone when they say they felt suicidal, when your employer is in the middle of a campaign promoting mental health awareness, almost exactly a year after a presenter for that same employer killed herself because of the way she was treated by the media is clearly a pretty safe way to get the boot. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be careful with your opinions.

Good riddance to the biggest ar. Se. Hole on tv.

Morgan is a complete bellend and has been involved in all sorts of dodgy nonsense in the past

However, this won’t do his career any harm and he will no doubt turn up on some other channel being “controversial” and earning a fortune

He got booted out in USA over his gun rant ,he doesn't hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Using your platform to say to 7m people that you don't believe someone when they say they felt suicidal, when your employer is in the middle of a campaign promoting mental health awareness, almost exactly a year after a presenter for that same employer killed herself because of the way she was treated by the media is clearly a pretty safe way to get the boot. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be careful with your opinions.
    Perfectly put.

GB News here he comes.

I agree that he is an arsehole sometimes and can be rude to his co-presenters but he normally asks the questions that most of us would like to hear the answers to. He made about a very good point about Meghan Markle slating the Royal family but none of her family went to their wedding and yet she invites Oprah, who they had only met once.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

That is a considerable sentence

Too much of GMB is about his views - you'll hear him say 'I'll tell you what I think' far too often. However, one thing he has done over the past 12 months is try to hold the Westminster govt to account over their handling of the pandemic.
    The show should be about the guests but far too often turned into him talking over someone whom he didn't agree with.
    Glad he's gone.

I met him once. He's every bit the self-important w@nker you expect.

Piers Morgan is a bad guy again. Nature is healing.

Did he specifically say that?

Yeah he will turn up on the new Murdoch tv channel. I don’t like the man and his fawning of the monarchy it’s cringeworthy but he has been the only journalist holding this Govt to account.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah he will turn up on the new Murdoch tv channel. I don’t like the man and his fawning of the monarchy it’s cringeworthy but he has been the only journalist holding this Govt to account.
    Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did he specifically say that?
    "‘Who did you go to? What did they say to you? I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me weather report"

bully doesn't like getting bullied runs away like a coward

I agree he is an absolute bellend but unlike many who pontificate he knows Meghan Markle well as obviously do her father and sister who have both spoken out against her today. Perhaps she was suicidal but it's not the best time to feel like that when you are 8 months pregnant. There were a number of claims made in last night's interview which seemed questionable (such as the apparent marriage 3 days before the Worldwide TV showpiece and the racist issue which requires to be contextualised) and which require further detailed independent investigation. In particular the suicide issue, and the role of the Palace, needs to be examined carefully but I wonder why she went to the Palace HR Department for help when her doctor would be the more usual route to get the counselling and/or medication required.

Having said that, Morgan should be careful with his headline grabbing opinions for sure but it his broadcasting style, which personally I find abnoxious, which has got him some exceedingly plumb media jobs and I doubt whether he will be out of work for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree he is an absolute bellend but unlike many who pontificate he knows Meghan Markle well as obviously do her father and sister who have both spoken out against her today. Perhaps she was suicidal but it's not the best time to feel like that when you are 8 months pregnant. There were a number of claims made in last night's interview which seemed questionable (such as the apparent marriage 3 days before the Worldwide TV showpiece and the racist issue which requires to be contextualised) and which require further detailed independent investigation. In particular the suicide issue, and the role of the Palace, needs to be examined carefully but I wonder why she went to the Palace HR Department for help when her doctor would be the more usual route to get the counselling and/or medication required.

Having said that, Morgan should be careful with his headline grabbing opinions for sure but it his broadcasting style, which personally I find abnoxious, which has got him some exceedingly plumb media jobs and I doubt whether he will be out of work for very long.
    i love meg as much as you love punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Perhaps she was suicidal but it's not the best time to feel like that when you are 8 months pregnant.
    So when’s the best time to feel suicidal?

I am sure that having a baby plays havoc with the chemicals of the brain

Add to that the pressure of being a mother , fear , anxiety etc I reckon if she says she was having suicidal thoughts then there should be any need for questioning of wether or not she was telling the truth

Suicidal feelings before and after childbirth are well researched

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bollocks.
    Good to see the art of reasoned debate isn’t lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good to see the art of reasoned debate isn’t lost.
    There's nothing to debate. Your assertion that Morgan has been the only journalist holding this government to account is just bollocks. It's as simple as that.