+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Non-Football: Mercedes-Benz Diesel Emissions Claim

Non-Football: Mercedes-Benz Diesel Emissions Claim

Largely out of curiosity I clicked a link to see if I could claim, having owned a Merc diesel in the period mentioned. Transpires I qualify for a claim via Bond Turner who are one of these ambulance chaser type law firms.

I haven't signed anything yet and will take my time reviewing the docs, it's a no win, no fee type arrangement. Has anyone on here successfully gone straight to Mercedes-Benz with their claim? If I can avoid losing half of the cash it would be nice, on the other hand it's a nice little bonus if you can get something.

Re: Non-Football: Mercedes-Benz Diesel Emissions Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    Largely out of curiosity I clicked a link to see if I could claim, having owned a Merc diesel in the period mentioned. Transpires I qualify for a claim via Bond Turner who are one of these ambulance chaser type law firms.

I haven't signed anything yet and will take my time reviewing the docs, it's a no win, no fee type arrangement. Has anyone on here successfully gone straight to Mercedes-Benz with their claim? If I can avoid losing half of the cash it would be nice, on the other hand it's a nice little bonus if you can get something.
    No, but I recently got £1700 from VW for the claims against them. I was with Slater Gordon. Took a few years but they did all the work. My father got the same amount for his Audi.

I've got a claim against Fiat, same, as above.
    I've also this week put a pcp commission claim against Seat using Martin Lewis's template letter.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...m-car-finance/

Quote Originally Posted by El Horno View Post
    No, but I recently got £1700 from VW for the claims against them. I was with Slater Gordon. Took a few years but they did all the work. My father got the same amount for his Audi.
    There must be a simple way though of doing it without using a third party like Slater Gordon.
    Some companies made a small fortune on the back of ppi claims a few years ago by taking about 30-40% of the award, before passing on the remainder to the claimant.