+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    This is what I don't get. If the vaccines don't stop people getting covid and transmitting covid but they are effective at stopping serious illness what is the need for vaccine passports? In other words those who are vaccinated are protected from serious illness so what difference does it make to them lf they come into contact with someone who is vaccinated or not vaccinated?
    This is the thing. We are trying to convince people who for one reason or other don't want the vaccine, by saying that Covid is spreading and even if you go to a place full of vaccinated people you are still in danger.

I 100% support the vaccine, I'm just not convinced this will get that many more to take it and I rather suspect it may fuel more suspicion about it all

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This is the thing. We are trying to convince people who for one reason or other don't want the vaccine, by saying that Covid is spreading and even if you go to a place full of vaccinated people you are still in danger.

I 100% support the vaccine, I'm just not convinced this will get that many more to take it and I rather suspect it may fuel more suspicion about it all
    Drakeford said

The Welsh government rejected the idea of a vaccine-only passport for large-scale events as it would discriminate against those who cannot get a vaccine, Mr Drakeford said in a news conference.

The first minister said only allowing the double-jabbed into nightclubs or sports matches raised "a series of ethical, legal and technical questions".

Is there a difference in what's ethically being announced now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

It worked in France. Vaccine take up went up dramatically when this was introduced and that is in a country a great deal more vaccine hesitant than here.