+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WFH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WFH

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My employer has said WFH is here to stay for us but find some members of staff are taking the mick and not pulling their weight leading others to work harder and longer hours.

Can't see this lasting forever
    Absolutely. Some people doing very little. Some people working all hours, sending emails on sunday afternoons and past 10pm at night. This never happened to that extent in offices; it was much easier to accurately allocate work.

It's reason number 8 to oppose mass WFH.

Re: WFH

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Absolutely. Some people doing very little. Some people working all hours, sending emails on sunday afternoons and past 10pm at night. This never happened to that extent in offices; it was much easier to accurately allocate work.

It's reason number 8 to oppose mass WFH.
    I haven't worked for many years but when I did work in the 90's when laptops were becoming more and more popular I I know there were quite a few in my office who used to work all hours sending Emails at alltimes of day

Given how much more widespread the use of laptops has become in the first 20 years of this century I'm sure such practices became far more widespread even before peoples habits changed because of Covid.