+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Re: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there any reason for the vitriol? 'Narcissistic twaats'(sic) 'tiny bollox'? Its comments like that that have made this board so offensive.
    I have no idea who is right and who is wrong but isn't it better to see how things start to pan out before blaming someone for
    something that hasn't yet happened?
    The argument of those against the stricter policy in wales point to the evidence that the new variant is less deadly and less likely to hospitalise than the previous, and when asked for the figures to justify his call Drakeford either couldn't or wouldn't produce them.
    As for the continental countries, they are further behind the curve than UK, have no way to control their borders and have in general far smaller a percentage of populations vaccine protected. All these things give people pause for thought and to question why certain things happen.
    But don't let that get in the way of slagging off the government, you do it in almost every other thread you join. Enjoy your christmas.
    Norway has some of the strictest border controls in Europe and they've pretty much gone down the same line as Wales, or maybe even before Wales. It's a minefied, i tell ya

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Norway has some of the strictest border controls in Europe and they've pretty much gone down the same line as Wales, or maybe even before Wales. It's a minefied, i tell ya
    I agree, but the mental affect of all these restrictions and lockdowns and the affect on childrens education are just as serious but some seem to think that they are unimportant, or at least the actions they take suggest that.
    There is no right or wrong way, it should be about balancing to try to arrive at the least bad results for all those things. If schools don't open again it will be a disaster that will have repercussions far beyond the spring or next year. And teachers cannot go to school because they'll ger fined given the fact the welsh government knows they can work from home.

I agree, but the mental affect of all these restrictions and lockdowns and the affect on childrens education are just as serious but some seem to think that they are unimportant, or at least the actions they take suggest that.
    There is no right or wrong way, it should be about balancing to try to arrive at the least bad results for all those things. If schools don't open again it will be a disaster that will have repercussions far beyond the spring or next year. And teachers cannot go to school because they'll ger fined given the fact the welsh government knows they can work from home.
    "And teachers cannot go to school because they'll get fined given the fact the Welsh government knows they can work from home."

You trying to do comedy or are really that twp?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    "And teachers cannot go to school because they'll get fined given the fact the Welsh government knows they can work from home."

You trying to do comedy or are really that twp?
    well if they don't get fined he is breaking his own rules!!! Explain how he isn't!

Is there any reason for the vitriol? 'Narcissistic twaats'(sic) 'tiny bollox'? Its comments like that that have made this board so offensive.
    I have no idea who is right and who is wrong but isn't it better to see how things start to pan out before blaming someone for
    something that hasn't yet happened?
    The argument of those against the stricter policy in wales point to the evidence that the new variant is less deadly and less likely to hospitalise than the previous, and when asked for the figures to justify his call Drakeford either couldn't or wouldn't produce them.
    As for the continental countries, they are further behind the curve than UK, have no way to control their borders and have in general far smaller a percentage of populations vaccine protected. All these things give people pause for thought and to question why certain things happen.
    But don't let that get in the way of slagging off the government, you do it in almost every other thread you join. Enjoy your christmas.
    Re your claim about Drakeford producing figures, Welsh Government publishes the Technical Advisory Cell advice and modelling every month: https://gov.wales/advice-coronavirus...-advisory-cell

Re the situation on the continent, being further behind the curve is not an argument not to be proactive. Anyway, France has over 100,000 cases today.

well if they don't get fined he is breaking his own rules!!! Explain how he isn't!
    You're doing twp then! Have another pop at reading the rules buddy.

I'll tell my wife she's not expected in next week although she's had to do some planning for the return of kids back into school or the very least hubs for key workers kids.

She'll be grateful I got this information from you.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You're doing twp then! Have another pop at reading the rules buddy.

I'll tell my wife she's not expected in next week although she's had to do some planning for the return of kids back into school or the very least hubs for key workers kids.

She'll be grateful I got this information from you.
    so the rules only apply to he people who drakeford decides they do!! They worked from home before so they should again. If they can work and everyone can go to the pub/restaurant then why can't everyone work normally? It's a simple question.

Seriously?

International

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    Seriously?
    yes seriously.
    I know everyone will say "Ah but the children must be educated" but there was no stipulation in the regulations and we know teachers can work from home because they did it before? And then there is the backlog that will increase in DVLA paperwork fecking up HGV licencing again, amongst other things, or are they exempt too? Who decides?how are the police to enforce a law which only applies to the people drakeford wants it to apply to?

yes seriously.
    I know everyone will say "Ah but the children must be educated" but there was no stipulation in the regulations and we know teachers can work from home because they did it before? And then there is the backlog that will increase in DVLA paperwork fecking up HGV licencing again, amongst other things, or are they exempt too? Who decides?how are the police to enforce a law which only applies to the people drakeford wants it to apply to?
    I don't think it's a new law I think it was in place in the earlier lockdowns. The difference then was there was a lockdown and it was to protect workers from being asked in to offices when they couldn't go into any other house or any pub or anywhere apart from an essential shop.

However from what they said last week now people could legally all work together in somebody's house and mix 30 households in 1 house- or meet in a pub or restaurant to work in groups of 6 on one table- but they can't sit alone in an office.

yes seriously.
    You're aware the same regulations were in place earlier in the pandemic, right? And you're aware how many fines were issued, right? And you're aware that in person schooling for some pupils has remained throughout the pandemic, right?

International

Re your claim about Drakeford producing figures, Welsh Government publishes the Technical Advisory Cell advice and modelling every month: https://gov.wales/advice-coronavirus...-advisory-cell

Re the situation on the continent, being further behind the curve is not an argument not to be proactive. Anyway, France has over 100,000 cases today.
    I don't disagree that the figures are published monthly but when he announced the boxing day measure he was directly asked by a journalist for the figure on which the decision was based and he talked for 10 minutes to say the journalist wasn't going to get them suggesting to many that up to date figures might not actually exist or may not support his actions.
    Yes france has over 100,000 but thy are still behind UK in the time that they have been seeing Omicron spread so they better get ready for more.

You're aware the same regulations were in place earlier in the pandemic, right? And you're aware how many fines were issued, right? And you're aware that in person schooling for some pupils has remained throughout the pandemic, right?
    Logic indicates this is patently false.

Online remote learning has been occurring, still is when the need is deemed - conveniently the final week of last term before Christmas.

International

Yes I'm aware that some children still went to school because of family circumstances but schools were not open for general education.
    With your comment about the number of fines issued previously are you suggesting that the police won't arrest or fine anyone, and are you suggesting that is OK? In that case we may as well just all ignore the regulations and go about our business as usual.

Also consider businesses who have to employ more staff but must maintain a reduced clientele. for them it's a double whammy, not only less income but more expense. maybe they should all ignore the new regulations as well.
    Is that what your remark is suggesting? If it is not what did you mention it for. I'd love to know.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic indicates this is patently false.

Online remote learning has been occurring, still is when the need is deemed - conveniently the final week of last term before Christmas.
    Read my words again, you've misunderstood them.

Read my words again, you've misunderstood them.
    Logic would indicate you need to be more precise in your wording.

The implication you made was that in person schooling was generally available; "children of essential workers" and "vulnerable children" were the subset you should have referred to. It's also worth pointing out that plenty of "vulnerable children" were denied in person education, in particular children with special needs. Quite a few didn't receive in person teaching, essential given their needs because they aren't as important as NHS workers.

International

The implication you made was that in person schooling was generally available; "children of essential workers" and "vulnerable children" were the subset you should have referred to. It's also worth pointing out that plenty of "vulnerable children" were denied in person education, in particular children with special needs. Quite a few didn't receive in person teaching, essential given their needs because they aren't as important as NHS workers.
    So if teachers could work from home then there is no reason why the shouldn't now. so again I ask, does this mean schools will be closed?

So if teachers could work from home then there is no reason why the shouldn't now. so again I ask, does this mean schools will be closed?
    Logic indicates that if unions believe they can push Dripford to do so, it will happen.

International

If it doesn't happen then all teachers who go to school should be fined and all school Governors/Head Teachers who allow them to should also be fined.
    If not then the law is just what a lot of people say it is, Drakeford making up rules just to be different to England and indefensible in a court of law.

Yes I'm aware that some children still went to school because of family circumstances but schools were not open for general education.
    With your comment about the number of fines issued previously are you suggesting that the police won't arrest or fine anyone, and are you suggesting that is OK? In that case we may as well just all ignore the regulations and go about our business as usual.

Also consider businesses who have to employ more staff but must maintain a reduced clientele. for them it's a double whammy, not only less income but more expense. maybe they should all ignore the new regulations as well.
    Is that what your remark is suggesting? If it is not what did you mention it for. I'd love to know.
    I was implying that your initial statement about teachers not going to school because of the work from home regs was/is wrong.

Logic would indicate you need to be more precise in your reading.

I was implying that your initial statement about teachers not going to school because of the work from home regs was/is wrong.
    Logic would indicate that a literal interpretation of what Dripford has laid down would indicate that xsnaggle is correct. Remote learning has been used before, therefore teachers can work from home.

The "common sense" view is that learning should be in person where applicable - special needs provision really demands it tbh. The issue is that Dripford issues broad edicts without considering edge cases. Ban Welsh football fans from home games, allow them to go to away games in England.

Logic would indicate that a literal interpretation of what Dripford has laid down would indicate that xsnaggle is correct. Remote learning has been used before, therefore teachers can work from home.

The "common sense" view is that learning should be in person where applicable - special needs provision really demands it tbh. The issue is that Dripford issues broad edicts without considering edge cases. Ban Welsh football fans from home games, allow them to go to away games in England.
    Online shopping is a thing, therefore all shops should close type logic. Brilliant.

Online shopping is a thing, therefore all shops should close type logic. Brilliant.
    Logic would indicate you've the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Your analogy is utterly false. How can a shop worker work online? Can they stock shelves virtually? Tesco online is a separate entity within the Tesco chain from the stores division, for example.

The point being made which is clearly miles above your head, is that a literal interpretation of Dripford's edicts indicate schools should close. Apart from those children who use public transport, teaching can be conducted remotely as it has been before - with some specific exceptions. As was pointed out, Dripford doesn't consider nuances and edge cases.
    Last edited by logic; 26-12-21 at 15:19. Reason: typo

Logic would indicate that you should learn how to read