+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just read West Ham could be in for

Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

When Flint played for Bristol City we knew we would score as he turns slower than the Titanic

When Flint signed for Middlesbrough their fans couldn't care less if he left as he makes dreadful mistakes

When Flint signed for Cardiff our defence was awful as he turns slower than the Titanic and makes dreadful mistakes

In the year that has passed since he was last a regular these facts have not changed - the sooner he is gone the better

Why we brought in 4 Bristol City players when they were a worse team than us is beyond belief

And now people are saying they'll drive Morrison out of the club FFS. The guy has been our best defender year after year and you want to replace him with a League 1 carthorse or a nearly retired Bamba whose legs have gone. The reason these 2 don't play now is cos they are nowhere near good enough

Anyway it's bollox - there's no way West Ham would go in for Sean - their fans are morons and expect their club to sign Koulibaly for a gazillion pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Those who think Morrison should be sold to West Ham will be the first to complain when our defence falls apart without him. Morrison is the one constant and consistent performer in our defence and it would be a huge mistake to sell him even for £10m which is not anywhere near the amount that will be paid. Those that mention they would sell him for even £5m are way off the mark when you consider we paid £4m for Flint. Is Morrison worth more a £1m for Flint. You betcha.
    For £10m i would probably sell, but I don't think anyone will be offering that in this climate.
    Flint is a decent player at this level, just he doesn't suit playing with morrisson, and he's the captain.

£5m maybe, depending on how well that could be invested

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Those who think Morrison should be sold to West Ham will be the first to complain when our defence falls apart without him. Morrison is the one constant and consistent performer in our defence and it would be a huge mistake to sell him even for £10m which is not anywhere near the amount that will be paid. Those that mention they would sell him for even £5m are way off the mark when you consider we paid £4m for Flint. Is Morrison worth more a £1m for Flint. You betcha.
    Couple of points:
    It would have to be nearer 10 than 5 if we were selling.
    The money would go to the transfer kitty not Tan's back pocket.
    We paid over the odds for Flint IMO but he could more than likely strike up a decent partnership with young Nelson, in the short term anyway, and Nelson would continue to learn his trade from a master craftsman (the last bit was tongue in cheek)

Morrison can still play at this level and has been a fine servant for us.
    He has though shown his vulnerability on a few occasions and is not the critical player to us that some on here think he is.

All my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Couple of points:
    It would have to be nearer 10 than 5 if we were selling.
    The money would go to the transfer kitty not Tan's back pocket.
    We paid over the odds for Flint IMO but he could more than likely strike up a decent partnership with young Nelson, in the short term anyway, and Nelson would continue to learn his trade from a master craftsman (the last bit was tongue in cheek)

Morrison can still play at this level and has been a fine servant for us.
    He has though shown his vulnerability on a few occasions and is not the critical player to us that some on here think he is.

All my opinion of course.
    Nelson is 27 you know

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nelson is 27 you know
    I didn't know actually, thought he was early mid twenties.
    Point still stands though, Flint and Nelson could work.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I didn't know actually, thought he was early mid twenties.
    Point still stands though, Flint and Nelson could work.
    Yes I agree

Yes I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's all about partnerships. Flint and Morrison didn't work as they are too similar. I remember the days of Johnson, Loovens and Purse. Loovens made the better partner for the other two. Purse and Johnson together wasn't great.
    Flint is awful. Nelson is average at best. I fail to see how combining awful and average = something better..

It’s not better. It’s slightly worse. But it’s slightly worse plus 10 million quid

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Flint is awful. Nelson is average at best. I fail to see how combining awful and average = something better..
    I think it was when they were paired together Flint and Morrison they just didn’t work. Too similar.

Maybe Flint will be ok with Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think it was when they were paired together Flint and Morrison they just didn’t work. Too similar.

Maybe Flint will be ok with Nelson
    Yeah I think that would work.
    I'd prfer to keep morrisson, but you have to be sensible if the fee is big enough.

I think that some people overestimate Nelson. They perhaps think that Nelson is blessed with pace, and will be able to rescue Flint when he inevitably gets caught out of position.
    I agree with you, Nelson is average.

Yeah I think that would work.
    I'd prfer to keep morrisson, but you have to be sensible if the fee is big enough.
    Agree that every player has his price and Morrison and Flint are very similar players so I’d jump at 5 m to strengthen our team in other areas!

Who would be a better captain than Sean? I say keep him unless he really wants to go. He's the closest thing we've got to a club legend right now.

Flashbacks to rumours of Zohore being sold late in summer window a couple of seasons ago: selling a key player so late in the window will do nothing positive for club this year but we're never going to get offered a fee so high again for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Who would be a better captain than Sean? I say keep him unless he really wants to go. He's the closest thing we've got to a club legend right now.
    I agree, we've cost cutted enough this season and with fans favourites already gone I think Morison going would be a right kick in the nuts. Teams need cult hero's and Morison is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Do people not understand what the latter means?

Morrison is a player I think could do a job at a higher level. You see a lot of average defenders going for a lot of money who aren't much better than Sean. We have replacements who aren't as good but for what people say about Flint his track record isn't as bad as what people make out.
    That's a good point, I'd forgotten about Flint. £10m for Morrison if obviously good (if unlikely) business. Maybe we could take £5m if they took Flint as well?

But seriously: you are right, probably. Flint is not as godawful as we all pretend.

Christ you're like a beacon amongst the dullness on here

Flint is bloody awful - to be honest Nelson is nowhere near Bruno or Connolly

Tutu Flint Nelson Bennett

If this was our defence we would go down (and this is not a messageboard drama queen shout) as we do not have the pace to score many goals in this league anyway and that defence is at least -1 to -2 a game - selling Morrison would be utterly disastrous he is our only truly decent player along with Ralls - Could you imagine Ayew and Lowe running at Flint and Nelson? Benrahma being marked by Flint?

It doesn't bear thinking about

Does anybody on here actually believe Morrison will go to West Ham? And for £10 million?

Morrisson is the team captain and a great Championship centre back. Obviously, he's going to have to be replaced at some point, but I don't think now is a good time. And I wouldn't trust the current regime to adequately replace him. Is it worth £10M to complete write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Does anybody on here actually believe Morrison will go to West Ham? And for £10 million?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No

I'm genuinely surprised to see the comments here.

When ML departed I was horrified because he was pivotal. That was a big blow.

When I saw the managers comments recently that he intended to sell more players, probably not buy any more and by this means achieve promotion, I was very concerned .

I was sad to see Etheridge go but accepted that because he was too good to be a reserve.

When they sold Callum I thought it was a huge mistake because he was the universal sticking plaster when there was a hole in the team either through injury or poor performance - a priceless asset.

Okay, now they speak of letting the captain go, and if that happens it'll be the end of all continuity and all connection with the incredible progress of the last decade. A public declaration that ambition has been abandoned.

I don't like to say it, but these are the cumulative signs of a team in its way to league one, not the Premiership. Let's hope there's a quick reversal of this negative stance and some new players brought in , or it will be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Christ you're like a beacon amongst the dullness on here

Flint is bloody awful - to be honest Nelson is nowhere near Bruno or Connolly

Tutu Flint Nelson Bennett

If this was our defence we would go down (and this is not a messageboard drama queen shout) as we do not have the pace to score many goals in this league anyway and that defence is at least -1 to -2 a game - selling Morrison would be utterly disastrous he is our only truly decent player along with Ralls - Could you imagine Ayew and Lowe running at Flint and Nelson? Benrahma being marked by Flint?

It doesn't bear thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised to see the comments here.

When ML departed I was horrified because he was pivotal. That was a big blow.

When I saw the managers comments recently that he intended to sell more players, probably not buy any more and by this means achieve promotion, I was very concerned .

I was sad to see Etheridge go but accepted that because he was too good to be a reserve.

When they sold Callum I thought it was a huge mistake because he was the universal sticking plaster when there was a hole in the team either through injury or poor performance - a priceless asset.

Okay, now they speak of letting the captain go, and if that happens it'll be the end of all continuity and all connection with the incredible progress of the last decade. A public declaration that ambition has been abandoned.

I don't like to say it, but these are the cumulative signs of a team in its way to league one, not the Premiership. Let's hope there's a quick reversal of this negative stance and some new players brought in , or it will be too late.

When and where did you see Neil Harris say that?