Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I don't understand why parents of kids who die so young or are born severely life limited carry on believing in God ?

I mean surely they are believing in someone who either doesn't do anything about such awful things .......so therefore is not everywhere for everyone all the time ...a fundamental belief in Christianity......or if he is everywhere all the time and all powerful then either he's a nasty git giving kids terminal illness or he's not worthy of all the attention as he's crap at his job
I have a severely disabled daughter and encounter this with people I know in a similar situation.
They choose to stick with their god as it gives them peace of mind. They see their child as a gift and for god to choose them as parents of this child is some of an honour and a privilege.

Cant see it myself.
All I see is continuous stressful, emotionally and physically challenging, bloody hard work. Yes its rewarding, but if any god wants to tell me that my daughters 1 in 25000 chromosome deletion is an honour and a privilege they can fck right off.