+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You and Hilts (and few others) are the weird ones that despite knowing next to nothing about the guy seem to have some sort of superiority complex about the fact he only managed in that there stinky League Two. It comes across as snobby.

It was the same with the fellas on CCPI last week. They know nothing about league two football (and I'd say football more generally) or MF yet seem to think Morison is less of a risk. It's just dumb.

It's not even the fact I think Mike Flynn is the second coming or anything, it's just the fact that you'd prefer some conked out old cockney fella over a fellow South Walian whose obviously (if you can take your blinkers off for a second) got enough about him to make County a top 8 side for the last few seasons despite having ZERO pounds.

It'll be funny if Rowberry is managing them when they play us in League One next season against Steve Morisons mighty blues. ........ BTW they missed another trick there..... Rowberry would've been a better choice than Morison. The guy was one of the youngest to get his Uefa Pro licence. Morison has managed the U23s for a season.

I can't work out whether you have some hidden agenda, or if it's just snobbiness.
    Dry your eyes mate

There’s no hidden agenda, I don’t want him as manager simple as that. He’s cut from the same cloth as Slade and Trollope and Id rather we aim a little higher. Sorry if that upsets you

Also wtf has him being a “fellow south walian” have to do with our manager search? Should we shortlist Pulis too?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Dry your eyes mate

There’s no hidden agenda, I don’t want him as manager simple as that. He’s cut from the same cloth as Slade and Trollope and Id rather we aim a little higher. Sorry if that upsets you

Also wtf has him being a “fellow south walian” have to do with our manager search? Should we shortlist Pulis too?
    Stop showing off and express yourself like an adult. This is not the school playground.

"simple as that" is always a good way to justify something.

Why a South Walian ? That's like a plastic saying to you "why do you supprt Cardiff". It's about identity .... but if you don't get that then Im not gonna bother explaining.

Stop showing off and express yourself like an adult. This is not the school playground.

"simple as that" is always a good way to justify something.

Why a South Walian ? That's like a plastic saying to you "why do you supprt Cardiff". It's about identity .... but if you don't get that then Im not gonna bother explaining.
    What does a Liverpool fan from Newport have to do with the identity of Cardiff? Surely if that's what you're judging this on you'd rather Steve Morison kept the job along with the co-manager, Welsh-speaking Cardiff boy Tom Ramasut?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What does a Liverpool fan from Newport have to do with the identity of Cardiff? Surely if that's what you're judging this on you'd rather Steve Morison kept the job along with the co-manager, Welsh-speaking Cardiff boy Tom Ramasut?
    Flynn is Welsh. Newport is hardly a million miles from Cardiff (culturally and metrically speaking).

Steve Morison's nan was born in Tredegar. I don't have an opinion on Ramasut but it's nice to have a welsh speaker onboard.

I'm not against Morison but I find it bewildering that people can be so enthusiastic about Morison yet doubt Flynn on the basis of his experience in the game.

I'm open to debate on the merits of hiring someone like Flynn. I just can't stand people who don't have reasons or lack the knowledge to back up their flimsy opinions.

Flynn is Welsh. Newport is hardly a million miles from Cardiff (culturally and metrically speaking).

Steve Morison's nan was born in Tredegar. I don't have an opinion on Ramasut but it's nice to have a welsh speaker onboard.

I'm not against Morison but I find it bewildering that people can be so enthusiastic about Morison yet doubt Flynn on the basis of his experience in the game.

I'm open to debate on the merits of hiring someone like Flynn. I just can't stand people who don't have reasons or lack the knowledge to back up their flimsy opinions.
    To me Flynn is no worse than Bellamy who alot have said they want despite no league experience.
    Morison only has u23 experience.
    Houghton is past his sell by date he's finished..