+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has run its course

It has run its course

Warnock's style of anti football has run its course for me and he should walk to let a new bloke have a look at this squad and what is needed to be in any way effective next season.

I don't care if we scrape the play offs playing this garbage and playing with two people in the other half when we attack. We are not going up and it is agonising to see this being played out the way it is.

I'm not saying we are going up but even if he did we're coming back down easily with this style and attitude so let's change it now.

Thank you Mr Warnock for the one promotion but I'm fed up of a team going out home and away devoid of passion and setting up simply not to lose.

Re: It has run its course

The only way we will be leaving this division is by getting relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The only way we will be leaving this division is by getting relegated.
    Couldn't agree more.

I'm just saying even if he achieves his primary objective he will do it by playing defensive hoofball with this passionless, spineless shower so lets get somebody in now to change it.

Many of them are not up to it. They can all claim to be world beaters after nicking a 1-0 at home to Barnsley where we gave up 70% possession but I and many more have seen enough.

We've been lucky that we've managed to nick some late goals at home, without our (pretty lucky) home record we'd be in trouble

I would add to that he has spent £50 million on players like Murphy and Flint. They are awful.

The bloke must have an ego the size of South Wales to drag this thing out any longer. Football has bypassed him and most people but our board can see it.

He can point to his promotions all he likes but that yesterday was all that is wrong with this club and the sooner we start to try to salvage something from the rubble the better.

Playing style we've surely got to be the worst team in the division; we look more like a bargain basement team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Playing style we've surely got to be the worst team in the division; we look more like a bargain basement team anyway.
    It is that bad that taking the financial benefits out of it I honestly would not want to go up under Warnock.

Go up, tell all clubs how great they are in press conferences, set up not to lose by more than a few goals and hear him tell us what 'a great bunch of lads' he's got after another defeat. Balls to that.

What he has is a squad of superstars in their own front room. Walk about like gangsters off the field and churn out absolute dross on it. Josh Murphy personifies this more than most. Pace to burn but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Rip it up and start again. The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Can’t even call them Bargain Buys! More value in those shops than down th CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It is that bad that taking the financial benefits out of it I honestly would not want to go up under Warnock.

Go up, tell all clubs how great they are in press conferences, set up not to lose by more than a few goals and hear him tell us what 'a great bunch of lads' he's got after another defeat. Balls to that.

What he has is a squad of superstars in their own front room. Walk about like gangsters off the field and churn out absolute dross on it. Josh Murphy personifies this more than most. Pace to burn but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Great post!

Sums up how I and most others feel. This dire, anti-football, that Warnock serves up, makes you feel like you have a giant hangover that you can't shake off.

Warnock’s style attritional style of football needs to be achieving positive results otherwise it gets scrutinised a lot more.

That’s the issue this season, we are not picking up results that we were 2 seasons ago because we’re reliant on being difficult to breakdown and not conceding goals, we are neither at the moment and hence the backlash. Warnock needs to make changes at the back and in central midfield, if his swan song is not to turn completely sour and his legacy here is tarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Warnock’s style attritional style of football needs to be achieving positive results otherwise it gets scrutinised a lot more.

That’s the issue this season, we are not picking up results that we were 2 seasons ago because we’re reliant on being difficult to breakdown and not conceding goals, we are neither at the moment and hence the backlash. Warnock needs to make changes at the back and in central midfield, if his swan song is not to turn completely sour and his legacy here is tarnished.
    I think it has already reached that stage.

We went up under Warnock and got relegated the next season.
    There were big opportunities that season and the Fulham game was very much like that against the Jacks. We just didn't look interested until it was too late.

It will take quite some time to change things up after Warnock leaves so I think the sooner the better for all concerned. As I've said above even if we went up (we're not, but if) would you give us any chance of staying up playing anti football?

This season is a nothingburger......

I've stayed away from commenting on any of the Warnock out posts but I feel his time is up.
    The football is awful, some of the players he has brought in are awful (I still can't forgive him for bringing Flint in for Manga - Flint is awful and so slow). Our back 4 would struggle in league 1 (Morrison has clearly peaked). Pelts is trying and is probably the best out of the 4!
    Its painful to watch us at home when we have 20% possession, can't string 3 or more passes together and our strikers dont touch the ball in the 18 yard box!

I disagree with this post if I've interpreted it right.

I don't agree in the slightest that our players are superstars in their own front room.

It's not a character issue with our squad, on the contrary I think we have some great characters and good pro's in our squad, the issue is are they good footballers?

You could put 11 of our most die hard fans out there on Sunday and they wouldn't have touched the ball. It wouldn't have been down to lack of effort but due to the fact that they are shit footballers.

I'm also not convinced that Josh Murphy is a bad footballer. I think Warnock's football and in his case man management has ripped the guts out of him confidence wise.

He's constantly given the ball with no support from our midfield or full back cos they haven't got a ****ing clue and he's expected to skin 3 or 4 players and score a goal. This doesn't happen in the modern game as teams are far too organized for this.

Get Warnock out, bring Bobby Reid back and let's see if we can make a fist of something playing football that is at least recognisable in the modern era on pitches with grass on!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Josh Murphy personifies this more than most. Pace to burn but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

I'm also not convinced that Josh Murphy is a bad footballer.
    This is a decent thread & hopefully stays that way. Both of the statements are correct. He's a decent footballer but his confidence is shot to pieces and he's used in the wrong way. He's too deep and has to start from a standing start, goes one too many and losses the ball. We never put the ball in behind the fullback, we never give him the ball when he's in motion.

It's the Glatzel thread all over again.

We use a hammer to take out a screw, buy a player for a skill & then use them in a totally different manner because we can't pass the ffing ball. Can you imagine McPhail & Whittingham in this squad? They'd either be on the bench or used as fullbacks.

Jursett was right all along then?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm also not convinced that Josh Murphy is a bad footballer. I think Warnock's football and in his case man management has ripped the guts out of him confidence wise.

He's constantly given the ball with no support from our midfield or full back cos they haven't got a ****ing clue and he's expected to skin 3 or 4 players and score a goal. This doesn't happen in the modern game as teams are far too organized for this.
    Murphy's got a lot of talent, but he consistently makes poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Murphy's got a lot of talent, but he consistently makes poor decisions.
    It would help if he didn’t have to skin 2 players inside his own half just to create a bit of space. He’s electric on his day but our style means he never has any space except when he’s 50 yards from goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Can you imagine McPhail & Whittingham in this squad?.
    Midfielders who can pick a pass. Halcyon days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It would help if he didn’t have to skin 2 players inside his own half just to create a bit of space. He’s electric on his day but our style means he never has any space except when he’s 50 yards from goal.
    His end product is awful though. Wether thats confidence as Gringo has said but he doesnt strike the ball cleanly and his crossing is poor.

But even when he does get the ball in space in the opposition half, he chooses the wrong option about 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His end product is awful though. Wether thats confidence as Gringo has said but he doesnt strike the ball cleanly and his crossing is poor.
    That's exactly the Murphy I have seen.

Beat a man and over hit a cross, under hit a cross or let fly with a speculative but sub standard shot.
    That seems to be the majority of what you get from Murphy when he has the beating of his man. When he doesn't you don't even get that.

Hoilett probably the most consistent at our club with crossing and shooting out of all our wingers and by some way.
    I also think Gavin Whyte will come good too.

That's exactly the Murphy I have seen.

Beat a man and over hit a cross, under hit a cross or let fly with a speculative but sub standard shot.
    That seems to be the majority of what you get from Murphy when he has the beating of his man. When he doesn't you don't even get that.

Hoilett probably the most consistent at our club with crossing and shooting out of all our wingers and by some way.
    I also think Gavin Whyte will come good too.
    Whyte doesn't do anything though. He's busy, he gets about a lot but I'm not quite sure what he does.

The difference between warnock and the promotion and warnock and now is the players.what we have now can't or don't understand his nega football. Beforer we had players that knew how to play that style ...like

He's left very isolated as well and like Des said, has to start from very deep. Fullbacks aren't allowed to overlap or support, so there's usually two options, play the ball inside to a static central midfielder who then knocks it back to Morrison, who then whacks the ball upfield. The other option is to run into traffic, that's warnocks prefered option as Murphy may get a throw in or a corner. That really is the extent of our attacking options, it's depressing.