+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is a very interesting piece .

The fact that SARS was only a problem from people that were very ill , so easier to detect and control.
    SARS never really hit the heights expected
    Coronavirus has many shapes and sizes , normally only giving the cold or flu.
    The fact the Chinese are travelling more these days is also put down as a factor .
    Perhaps / hopefully my assumptions are incorrect and covid 19 will just fade away .
    I started the thread because its how I think things will go
    What are you basing that on? I mean, do you have information that suggests that, once a person develops it, they are immune for ever? Or, do you have information that suggests that, if you have one of the 40+ strains of it, you cannot get any of the others?

Perhaps you have evidence that there won't be a covid-21, or covid-24? Or, perhaps you have evidence that a vaccine is easy when, if you consider it, the other coronavirus we know is the common cold (mild, but no cure). Do you only get the common cold once? I've had it twice this year already.

There is every chance that we will have lockdowns for the next 5 years or more. I would suggest that Governments will be a lot quicker to close borders next time.

Your comment was that "we will all get it", implying we should just get out there and get it. But, even young people are dying. Is that genetic? Or is it because they were infected with more of the virus than other people?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What are you basing that on? I mean, do you have information that suggests that, once a person develops it, they are immune for ever? Or, do you have information that suggests that, if you have one of the 40+ strains of it, you cannot get any of the others?

Perhaps you have evidence that there won't be a covid-21, or covid-24? Or, perhaps you have evidence that a vaccine is easy when, if you consider it, the other coronavirus we know is the common cold (mild, but no cure). Do you only get the common cold once? I've had it twice this year already.

There is every chance that we will have lockdowns for the next 5 years or more. I would suggest that Governments will be a lot quicker to close borders next time.

Your comment was that "we will all get it", implying we should just get out there and get it. But, even young people are dying. Is that genetic? Or is it because they were infected with more of the virus than other people?
    What am I basing what on ?
    The general consensus is , once you have had it you are clear , do you have evidence other wise ?
    What are you basing your 5 year lock downs on ?

I haven't implied anything of the sort .

Most of your comments on here are just a jumble of words or your perception of my comments .
    You didn't like my cycle , that's fine I have accepted my actions weren't in line with the current rules.
    I ignored your comments about where have I been .
    I have been getting up ridiculously early and delivering , food , sanitiser , whatever needs delivering and going to bed ridiculously late . Not because I am a saint , because that what I do . Despite the dangers we carried on.
    My two children have been doing the same putting all of us at risk .
    I closed my business on Friday to everyone bar myself , so I will continue to work as and when needed
    I will probably have a little more time to make sure I don't miss any of the rules , and I fully understand the rules are not for my interpretation .

It would probably be better you engage with others .from here on in .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    What am I basing what on ?
    The general consensus is , once you have had it you are clear , do you have evidence other wise ?
    What are you basing your 5 year lock downs on ?

I haven't implied anything of the sort .

Most of your comments on here are just a jumble of words or your perception of my comments .
    You didn't like my cycle , that's fine I have accepted my actions weren't in line with the current rules.
    I ignored your comments about where have I been .
    I have been getting up ridiculously early and delivering , food , sanitiser , whatever needs delivering and going to bed ridiculously late . Not because I am a saint , because that what I do . Despite the dangers we carried on.
    My two children have been doing the same putting all of us at risk .
    I closed my business on Friday to everyone bar myself , so I will continue to work as and when needed
    I will probably have a little more time to make sure I don't miss any of the rules , and I fully understand the rules are not for my interpretation .

It would probably be better you engage with others .from here on in .
    You say the general consensus is "once you've had it, you're fine". However, that isn;t the case with the common cold. It really isn't. You may get a strain of the common cold this year, and get the same strain next year or the year after. There is absolutely zero evidence that you contracting Covid-19 means that you are immune forever.

I have not said there will be 5 year lock-downs, what I am saying is that there is no evidence that this will simply evaporate once we have "herd immunity".

As for your actions, although it is commendable you have delivered food etc, I have been doing exactly the same. As for your business, I have sympathy with that too. But, your previous actions (together with many like you) have done little to ease the pressure on the NHS. I am growing incredibly pissed off reading that 600, 700, 800 people have died, and that a 5 year old, a 13 year old, 3 nurses, doctors etc are also dying. It took 4 weeks of this for the penny to drop for you. I am glad it has dropped. But, there are even stupider people out there flouting the rules, elongating the current wave, and the point I am making is that this will not be the first and last wave. Far from it. We will get restrictions lifted and put back in place for at least 18 months. I say that will be longer because, despite all the "positive" stories of vaccines being tested, these things really do take years.

If the Government (advised by epidemiologists, virologists, doctors and scientists) tell us to stay home - then we ****ing stay at home. No ifs, no buts. It isn't killing people with "underlying health" conditions alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    We will get restrictions lifted and put back in place for at least 18 months.
    Is that a fact?