+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kion Etete - NEW SIGNING CONFIRMED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kion Etete- Spurs striker

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    My memory is failing me, but I think it was in the very early Eighties we signed a guy (who’s name I forget), from an American club (I think it was… or maybe Canadian), for a club record fee of about £300,000 (or something like that).
    He was very skilful (I do remember that 🤭), but we sold him back to the American/Canadian club for exactly the amount we paid for him (£300k?) after about a month (or 2), having played a handful of games.
    Or I could be mistaken 🤣
    Godfrey Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Godfrey Ingram.
    A very curious ‘transfer’ all round especially when you consider that the club was skint at the time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A very curious ‘transfer’ all round especially when you consider that the club was skint at the time.
    You considered the club was skint at the time, they obviously didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...citys-14145627

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Godfrey Ingram.
    That’s the guy 👍🏻

Ok, here’s Godfrey Ingram part two then…
    I do remember him playing in an FA cup game, where he ran the show, at one point doing at least two 360 degree turns with the ball glued to his feet.
    I think it was vs Wycombe Wanderers and we were like Brazil that day leading 2-0 at half time, fans ole-ing every pass. Then the wheels came off and we ended up losing 3-2.

Hopefully you can let me know if any of that was correct 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    That’s the guy ����

Ok, here’s Godfrey Ingram part two then…
    I do remember him playing in an FA cup game, where he ran the show, at one point doing at least two 360 degree turns with the ball glued to his feet.
    I think it was vs Wycombe Wanderers and we were like Brazil that day leading 2-0 at half time, fans ole-ing every pass. Then the wheels came off and we ended up losing 3-2.

Hopefully you can let me know if any of that was correct ����
    Ingram was a sub at Workington Town in the first round when we drew 1-1, then scored as he started his last City game in the replay, which we won 3-0.

The game you're probably thinking about was our 3-2 home defeat to Weymouth in round 2, but Ingram had already left by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ingram was a sub at Workington Town in the first round when we drew 1-1, then scored as he started his last City game in the replay, which we won 3-0.

The game you're probably thinking about was our 3-2 home defeat to Weymouth in round 2, but Ingram had already left by then.
    Lol, about the only thing I got right was the two 360 degree turns (on a sixpence). Unless someone says it was someone else 😟