+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good day, bad day

Good day, bad day

Post your dally good and bad news all in one place.

Bad day. I work from home and my works printer gave up the ghost. Have ordered a new one but it will take ages for our IT lot to install drivers on my laptop so that I can use it.

Good day. Older son had a text today to get his second vids jab earlier than expected. He will be fully vaccinated by tomorrow night.

Re: Good day, bad day

Good day all-in-all. Bit hot and sticky outside, but it beats winter every time. Nothing much else to report. I might have a beer outside later if there's a bit of a breeze.

Good day. My daughter started her new job, carer in a home.
    Bad day. I'm still suffering from the fall I had a few days ago-fell sideways onto some wood and bricks. Ouch!.

Good News - started by closing a 5x vehicle sale and passing my annual accreditation.
    Bad News - The A/C in my car has packed in, was like a sauna in stop/start traffic.

Good news - I cooked a fantastic 4 bean chilli for tea.
    Bad news - crappy internet connection again interrupting working from home.

International

Bad day, I pulled onto the M4 at Coryton J32 about 100 yards behind the lorry that took out about 50 metres of central reservation armco and spewed it all over both carriageway.
    An hour and a half later, having been turned round and sent back up the on ramp by bill, I was 1 minute from my house where I had started my journey, trying to get onto Llantrisant Road.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Bad day, I pulled onto the M4 at Coryton J32 about 100 yards behind the lorry that took out about 50 metres of central reservation armco and spewed it all over both carriageway.
    An hour and a half later, having been turned round and sent back up the on ramp by bill, I was 1 minute from my house where I had started my journey, trying to get onto Llantrisant Road.
    A friend of mine, who I will be meeting up on the Gower on Thursday and who set off from Devon this afternoon, was diverted to Abergavenny in order to get to the former location.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A friend of mine, who I will be meeting up on the Gower on Thursday and who set off from Devon this afternoon, was diverted to Abergavenny in order to get to the former location.
    One can do a lot worse than take a trip up to Abergavenny, especially when the weather is fine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That I can believe. They eventually closed the M4 at Junction 29 westbound so all the traffic ended up in the city which then became gridlocked.
    The eastbound carriageway was also closed but opened to single lane traffic later.

But the new stretches of the Heads of the Valleys road are awesome, well at least for now,

Bad day, spent all last night up with my Dog, she had a fairly big op yesterday and was obviously in pain, so i stayed on the sofa with her next to me in her bad, she spent the night with her head on the sofa next to me, so Ive been tired as hell

Bad day 2, Wife was told a colleague has tested positive for C19 ( last contact with her Friday )

Bad day 3, Oldest daughter told by work that her assistant ( she teaches swimming ) just tested Positive for C19 and she has to await T & T to contact her( last contact with her Monday )

So thats them both going to have to isolate, not been contacted by Track and trace yet though

Good Day, Doggy still alive and well Oh and I had a Taco Bell Burrito ( Oldest took friends down to bournmouth and the beach, spotted a Taco Bell, had lunch and brought me one back, I am a little sceptical as its been sat in the car since lunch and she got home at 9, but she was so happy she got it for me, i had to dig in and eat it ( its was Veggie, rice and beans, so no meat to poison me )

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh and I had a Taco Bell Burrito ( Oldest took friends down to bournmouth and the beach, spotted a Taco Bell, had lunch and brought me one back, I am a little sceptical as its been sat in the car since lunch and she got home at 9, but she was so happy she got it for me, i had to dig in and eat it ( its was Veggie, rice and beans, so no meat to poison me )
    Taco Bell? UK? Never? When are Walmart arriving?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Taco Bell? UK? Never? When are Walmart arriving?
    got a few in the UK now
    https://locations.tacobell.co.uk/

Even one in Pontyclun

One up in Liverpool, which we were rather surprised to see, i must admit the food isnt the same though, in the US ( as i guess you know ) its fairly cheap fast food, last time we ate in TB in orlando, we had 3 Burrito's, 2 Spicy Fries, a Tango ice blast and a Cola Ice blast and it was $14,
    In Liverpool, we had 3 Burrito's, 3 Fries, 2 Cheese Quesadillas, a Sprite and a Coke and it was about £25

got a few in the UK now

Even one in Pontyclun

One up in Liverpool, which we were rather surprised to see, i must admit the food isnt the same though, in the US ( as i guess you know ) its fairly cheap fast food, last time we ate in TB in orlando, we had 3 Burrito's, 2 Spicy Fries, a Tango ice blast and a Cola Ice blast and it was $14,
    In Liverpool, we had 3 Burrito's, 3 Fries, 2 Cheese Quesadillas, a Sprite and a Coke and it was about £25
    I haven't been to a Taco Bell in at least 20 years. But we're spoiled for choice with more genuine Mexican food around here. Do you have the Chipoltle restaurant chain over there? Not the best, but a definite step up from Taco Bell.

First Team

got a few in the UK now

Even one in Pontyclun

Like $35 in Taco Bell? F**k me. You can buy a franchise for that.

In terms of shit North American fast food chains it’s a close contest between Waffle House & Taco Bell for last place

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I haven't been to a Taco Bell in at least 20 years. But we're spoiled for choice with more genuine Mexican food around here. Do you have the Chipoltle restaurant chain over there? Not the best, but a definite step up from Taco Bell.
    yes we have a few Chipoltle, they are all in London, my oldest went to one when she was in london a few weeks ago

to be fair to Taco Bell, for us it was a quick lunch between shopping and the Price was great, oh and the place had aircon

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In terms of shit North American fast food chains it’s a close contest between Waffle House & Taco Bell for last place
    Waffle house for Breakfast seems popular, Ive never visited, but see them recommended on some of the groups i am on

my Brother-in-law often stops in Waffle house with his family on the way to universal, says they can all eat ( 4 of them ) for the price of one breakfast in universal, he loves the hashbrowns

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One can do a lot worse than take a trip up to Abergavenny, especially when the weather is fine.
    That's one for us oldies!

got a few in the UK now

Even one in Pontyclun

Talbot Green mun

Good day, the weather was nice, too hot to work so I basically took the piss with breaks to keep hydrated as I work outdoors, bosses seem fine with a lesser work load and people have caught on (without them actually saying it outright) longer breaks etc.

Can is parked under some huge trees as well, nobody else seems to want to park the little bit further away, but getting into a cool van is worth the extra few yards.

No bad days for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    When I'm in the south I've been known to enjoy Waffle House. It's no Denny's though.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Did he see a red dog running free?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Did he see a red dog running free?
    Don't tell me...... he's yours!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When I'm in the south I've been known to enjoy Waffle House. It's no Denny's though.
    Denny's have opened in Swansea.