+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciaron Brown wanted by Boro?

Ciaron Brown wanted by Boro?

According to this:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...f-city-player/

Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock is eyeing a raid on former side Cardiff City with the Teessiders making an opening offer to try and sign defender Ciaron Brown, Football League World can reveal exclusively.

The defender joined the Bluebirds in 2018, which would have been during Warnock’s reign in the Welsh capital, and it appears as though the now Middlesbrough boss has not forgotten what he saw from the player when he arrived as a young footballer.

Now 23, Brown has emerged lately as a really decent Championship-level player with room to grow further and Football League World has been told that Boro are eager to get a deal over the line, with them making an opening offer for the player.

Indeed, this site has been told that Boro are big fans of the defender and really want to bring Brown to Teesside, with negotiations around the potential transfer set to continue – and so there’s every chance it could happen yet.

Re: Ciaron Brown wanted by Boro?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    According to this:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...f-city-player/

Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock is eyeing a raid on former side Cardiff City with the Teessiders making an opening offer to try and sign defender Ciaron Brown, Football League World can reveal exclusively.

The defender joined the Bluebirds in 2018, which would have been during Warnock’s reign in the Welsh capital, and it appears as though the now Middlesbrough boss has not forgotten what he saw from the player when he arrived as a young footballer.

Now 23, Brown has emerged lately as a really decent Championship-level player with room to grow further and Football League World has been told that Boro are eager to get a deal over the line, with them making an opening offer for the player.

Indeed, this site has been told that Boro are big fans of the defender and really want to bring Brown to Teesside, with negotiations around the potential transfer set to continue – and so there’s every chance it could happen yet.

6 million and a decent sell on clause and neil could have him in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    6 million and a decent sell on clause and neil could have him in my opinion..
    I'd settle for half of that.

Dortmund interested as well ,tough choices .

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'd settle for half of half of that!

Warnock is apparently such a big fan of Brown that he never actually played him in a League game, just sent him out on loan. Although hew did play in one League Cup game.

Lets face it a few hundred grand and hes gone. Doubt the story is true.

He’s a player we could afford to lose but for once they should insist on the market value. I’d say £750K plus the same again if he makes 60 appearances or if they sell him then on for £1.5 M or more.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Warnock is apparently such a big fan of Brown that he never actually played him in a League game, just sent him out on loan. Although hew did play in one League Cup game.
    I did chuckle when the journalist in the article said "Warnock..... has not forgotten what he saw from the player"

Warnock saw nothing as Brown didn't play in South Wales and was shipped of to livingston for three years!

If Warnock has cash and wants a player of ours then id say Joe Ralls would be his target.

Boro haven't got a pot to piss in so it won't be much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Warnock has cash and wants a player of ours then id say Joe Ralls would be his target.
    Morrison? Maybe cost too much, would definitely love someone like Moore but again, I don't know their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I don’t know, maybe another four year deal beckons for Bacuna?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t know, maybe another four year deal beckons for Bacuna?
    Let's hope so. After all, I think his son is Bacuna's agent.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Boro haven't got a pot to piss in so it won't be much.
    There lies the issue, someone posted Warnock was looking at other ex City players , some maybe benches why not get half decent folk in that you know , i'm guessing he wants free's short terms deals .

Or all of this is just agent leaks and chatter .

Think its the same site every time linking our ex or current fringe players https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...f-city-player/

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Morrison? Maybe cost too much, would definitely love someone like Moore but again, I don't know their budget.
    Yeah im on about realistic. Boro couldnt afford Morrison or Moore.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...ender-approach

Cardiff City have rejected an opening bid from Championship rivals Middlesbrough for Ciaron Brown, TEAMtalk understands.

Brown has one-year left on his current deal, although the Bluebirds also have an option on the Northern Ireland international. Mick McCarthy used Brown in the run-in to the end of the season and is an admirer of the defender.

The 23-year-old has spent the last couple of seasons on-loan in the Scottish top-flight with Livingston.

However, Boro are now trying to land him and it will be the second time for Neil Warnock, who took him to Cardiff in 2018 after spotting him playing for non-league Wealdstone.

Boro have now seen their opening bid rejected by Cardiff, and we understand there is interest from other Championship sides in the left-sided defender.

----

Warnock has his own grand ideas of how Middlesbrough can make a splash in the summer window.

In another exclusive, we recently revealed the veteran firebrand is in talks over a remarkable triple reunion of players he has formerly managed at Cardiff.

That was the Sol Bamba, Kadeem Harris and Junior Hoilett story!

Brown's passing ability seems non existent, and his long balls seem to have a life of their own. Warnock loves that, 4 year deal beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Brown's passing ability seems non existent, and his long balls seem to have a life of their own. Warnock loves that, 4 year deal beckons.

He does look a lot like a 90s magician - sadly though his left foot is not like wand. Maybe they just want to book him for the Christmas party.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Yes but Warnock likes paying silly over the odds money for some players

Depends who the agent is. An ex player of his (can't remember his name) used to cut a deal with subs that he put on with a couple of minutes to go when the game was over. He'd take a percentage of their appearance bonus, £50 or something like that. It's on the Undr the cosh podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Depends who the agent is. An ex player of his (can't remember his name) used to cut a deal with subs that he put on with a couple of minutes to go when the game was over. He'd take a percentage of their appearance bonus, £50 or something like that. It's on the Undr the cosh podcast.
    Chris Morgan said it but it has been said by loads. Jason Puncheon called him all sorts on twitter about stuff like this, and then a month later he was managed by Warnock .

Morgan said that if the player got a club fine, he'd give half to a charity that Warnock would pick and then half on a blank cheque that Warnock would decide who was deserving later... ie himself

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Chris Morgan said it but it has been said by loads. Jason Puncheon called him all sorts on twitter about stuff like this, and then a month later he was managed by Warnock .

Morgan said that if the player got a club fine, he'd give half to a charity that Warnock would pick and then half on a blank cheque that Warnock would decide who was deserving later... ie himself
    Yup, bent as ****. Morgan was his boy as well

What makes me laugh about Brown is that McCarthy had him recalled because a mate of his who scouts in Scotland put in a good word about him.
    Surely the club has people monitoring the performance of its players that are out on loan already, rather than relying on the manager’s friend?