Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'll be amazed if Leeds go down based on what they've done so far this season and the fact that the bottom four seem to be getting cut adrift.
I just had a look at the 2018/19 EPL table after 9 games. City had just picked up their first win (against Fulham) and were fourth from bottom on five points. Newcastle United were bottom on two points. They eventually finished in 13th place. However, the teams who were 17th (Cardiff), 18th (Fulham) and 19th (Huddersfield) were all relegated.

Sheffield United, bottom at the moment on one point, have been a bit unlucky so far and have played fairly well in a number of recent games, but they'll have to start winning very soon. West Brom look very weak, while Fulham look decent going forward but their defence is very fragile.

I think Leeds could get dragged into the relegation battle given their cavalier attitude to games, but Burnley have scored very few goals this season and Newcastle are far from great, so I'm sure they'll both be in the mix. From what I've seen so far, Brighton will be fine.

The top of the table could be really exciting this season. Liverpool's injury list is an obvious handicap, Man City are not clicking at all, Spurs look solid in defence and excellent going forward, Chelsea are looking more than decent, while Leicester, Southampton and Everton are all decent too. It's really hard to call.