+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Covid-19 accounts for an average of 11 of the 1,687 deaths in Britain every day, according to official statistics.

In comparison, 124 people died each day from flu and pneumonia in the week ending September 4.

Heart disease – Britain’s biggest killer – accounted for 460 deaths every day last year, while cancer kills an average of 450 people per day.

Around 87,000 people die of dementia each year – about 240 people a day. Lung disease accounts for 31,000 deaths, or 84 every day, while fatal accidents at home – often while doing DIY – lead to 16 deaths per day.

Five people die every day in road accidents across the UK, while infections – including C.diff – and stomach bugs kill 5,937 a year, about 16 people a day.

Last year, there were 5,691 deaths attributed to suicide, an average of 15 per day.

We can’t stop any of these others yet the world keeps turning......
    Do you really, after 7 months of this, not understand that those death numbers happen with us all living normally, however if we live normally then the death numbers for coronavirus will grow and grow because it's incredibly easily spread?

Flu - Not as fatal

Pneumonia - not infectious
    Heart disease - not infectious
    Dementia - not infectious
    Cancer - not infectious
    Lung disease - not infectious
    DIY accidents - not infectious
    Road accidents - not infectious
    C-Diff - not infectious
    Suicide - not infectious

I'm not saying that lockdown is the answer but just copy and pasting death statistics as some kind of argument is silly, think a bit

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do you really, after 7 months of this, not understand that those death numbers happen with us all living normally, however if we live normally then the death numbers for coronavirus will grow and grow because it's incredibly easily spread?

Flu - Not as fatal

Cancer - not infectious
    C-Diff - not infectious
    Suicide - not infectious

I'm not saying that lockdown is the answer but just copy and pasting death statistics as some kind of argument is silly, think a bit
    Pandemic flu would be much worse

Pandemic flu would be much worse
    Why do you say that? It's early days, but it seems that covid is more deadly than flu, and is more contagious than normal flu (about equal to pandemic flu).

In what ways would it be much worse?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why do you say that? It's early days, but it seems that covid is more deadly than flu, and is more contagious than normal flu (about equal to pandemic flu).

In what ways would it be much worse?
    Heard lots of doctors say this, that’s why I’d say that.

Heard lots of doctors say this, that’s why I’d say that.
    I've not heard any doctors saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've not heard any doctors saying that.
    I have, I live next door to about 8 and know a few.....we try to manage flu now with a jab and it can still kill 30,000 a year which we don’t even hear about.

Covid: Is it time we learnt to live with the virus? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

I have, I live next door to about 8 and know a few.....we try to manage flu now with a jab and it can still kill 30,000 a year which we don’t even hear about.

Covid: Is it time we learnt to live with the virus? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649
    So in a bad year, the flu can kill less in a year than coronavirus has in six months. Not that I'm questioning the 8 doctors next door of course.

We know about managing flu. Thing about Covid is the we have no natural immunity to it, no memory of it in our immune system.

Additionally people can spread it before they have symptoms, and some don't develop symptoms.

There is no preventive medicine, unlike flu where a vaccine is proven to prevent in most people. Imagine how bad flu would be without a vaccine.

So the only preventive action we can take is hygiene, keeping away from others, keeping rooms well ventilated, using masks and using tissues when coughing or sneezing.

Simple stuff but lots of people don't want to stick by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Flu - Not as fatal

Cancer - not infectious
    C-Diff - not infectious
    Suicide - not infectious

Not quite right...

Pneumonia is infectious

C-Diff is very infectious

Lung disease....depends what the cause is...eg TB is infectious