+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Easy pickings at the moment. By the time we play you hopefully new manager bounce will be our best hope.
    We wont have a new manager by then.

We may beat them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We wont have a new manager by then.
    We may beat them though.
    Been a strange season for Cardiff.

Started with signing Aden Flint and the club site trying to wind us up with a head tapping pic - the week after we had signed Tamas Kalas so absolutely nobody cared....

Then the one player who is proper class that really did wind me up that they took off us.... they shipped off to Fulham on the last day.

In saying that I do feel for Flint. He can click with a fast player next to him because that offsets his awful lack of pace and he can focus on his game (heading and tackling).

I think a Manga-Flint pairing would actually work.

Interested to see in a few weeks.
    I’m sure he or Pack will score.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Started with signing Aden Flint and the club site trying to wind us up with a head tapping pic - the week after we had signed Tamas Kalas so absolutely nobody cared....

Then the one player who is proper class that really did wind me up that they took off us.... they shipped off to Fulham on the last day.

In saying that I do feel for Flint. He can click with a fast player next to him because that offsets his awful lack of pace and he can focus on his game (heading and tackling).

Manga was a bit marmite with our support, but boy, we are missing him. He wasn't perfect, did like to dwell on the ball at times and liked to take the odd touch to much, probably down to the fact that he'd been brought up giving the ball to a team mate after he'd won possession and not just giving it back. He was very good at mopping up after Morrison and bennett, he had decent awareness and anticipation. As it stands neither of those traits exist within our back four. Flint and Morrison as a pairing doesn't work, they sometimes go for the same ball and take up the same positions, they are both incredibly slow and it looks like they lack confidence as a pairing because their frailties are similar, and they know it, that must play on their confidence. If i was a defender i'd like to know that my partner had the ability to anticipate my shortcomings, and vice versa, Manga and to a certain extent, Bamba have that ability. Morrison and Flint don't, playing them together is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Has Flint always had a problem staying on side when going up for set pieces or is this something he’s mastered since joining us?!