+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The weather hasn't been great this week, although no different to the past couple of weeks when they were busy outside. When I was walking into Park Place from Queen Street on Monday and saw nobody sitting outside I assumed they'd had to close for some reason, but as I passed I saw there were several tables full of people eating inside. There hasn't been a single person sitting outside when I've passed Henry's this week and they've also taken down the parasols that were outside, although all of the seats and tables are still there (or were yesterday).

As regards people being nervous, I went to a pub last Saturday afternoon for the first time since the lockdown - the Pantmawr in Rhiwbina. It was very busy and while the set-up was quite good, it's fair to say that very few people appeared to be carefully observing social distancing. Almost everyone seems to be a bit more respectful of other people's personal space these days, but in and around the pub the situation was definitely more relaxed than I'd expected.

Meanwhile, the buses out of the city centre are definitely getting busier. Twice this week my bus home has been almost bang on the new capacity, which in effect is half full. Compare that to a couple of weeks ago, when it was a surprise if there were more than four or five people onboard. Masks are supposed to be mandatory, but that's not being enforced. The majority are wearing them, but some aren't including a few of the drivers.
    In my line of work we've been asked to "soft isolate" - to avoid being inside pubs and restaurants and general indoor gatherings if at all possible for the duration of the job (5 weeks). It's not mandatory but a request with the view of trying to avoid it getting shut down. I wonder if any other industries are asking similar

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    In my line of work we've been asked to "soft isolate" - to avoid being inside pubs and restaurants and general indoor gatherings if at all possible for the duration of the job (5 weeks). It's not mandatory but a request with the view of trying to avoid it getting shut down. I wonder if any other industries are asking similar
    When I worked in our Cardiff office last week I was asked to bring in my lunch and avoid leaving the office unless it was really necessary.* It seems odd that they only requested this when you arrive at the office and not in the documentation they sent out ahead of time on returning to work, but it is a step to help I guess. In the London office there is no similar request.

* As is evident from this thread, I deemed going out to check on the status of the outdoor-parasol-road thing a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    When I worked in our Cardiff office last week I was asked to bring in my lunch and avoid leaving the office unless it was really necessary.* It seems odd that they only requested this when you arrive at the office and not in the documentation they sent out ahead of time on returning to work, but it is a step to help I guess. In the London office there is no similar request.

* As is evident from this thread, I deemed going out to check on the status of the outdoor-parasol-road thing a necessity.
    It's an imperativeness. Fairly quiet this week when I've gone past mid afternoon (unlike Henry's which had 12 outdoor tables in use around 4.00 today) but last Sunday there were queues of 20 people for each section of the eating area, apparently it was like it all weekend.

Where I work is considering joining the scheme. Two managers were talking to a rep when I went in this morning but I'm not sure if we'll join up yet. I'll see if I can get Delmbox a replica kit if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Where I work is considering joining the scheme. Two managers were talking to a rep when I went in this morning but I'm not sure if we'll join up yet. I'll see if I can get Delmbox a replica kit if we do.
    Don't make promises you can't keep