+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: stutter run-ups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: stutter run-ups

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maguire's looked amazing.

I know the Swansea physio from a few years back. There was a Europa game where Bony smashed it in the top corner. Also looked amazing.

But on the bench they were pissed off with him. It may have been unsaveable but it also reduces the margin of error. The coach advice is always to keep it low.
    The keeper dives to his left or his right. He goes to ground. Anything above 5' is going in. If you keep your nerve and concentrate, you should be able to kick a football between 5' and 8' high from 12 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The keeper dives to his left or his right. He goes to ground. Anything above 5' is going in. If you keep your nerve and concentrate, you should be able to kick a football between 5' and 8' high from 12 yards.
    Just giving a first hand anecdote from a top level bench.

They're probably wrong, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    if I was talking a high pressure penalty in a final od a major competition I would simply kick the ball straight into the top corner of the goal every time

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if I was talking a high pressure penalty in a final od a major competition I would simply kick the ball straight into the top corner of the goal every time
    Really, a penalty shootout should never end.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really, a penalty shootout should never end.
    Nail on head, that’s why they do end, because takers haven’t got the arse to do a Kieffer (or a Maguire) and blast it high into the right or left hand top corner. ‘Keeper can’t save them, but some players like to showboat a bit with Ali shuffles and Fred Flintstone in his car trot ups instead of practising, practising & practising again banging it in the top corner, they’re pro footballers for Christ’s sake, should be a simple task to perfect. Francis Lee had it off to a tee.