Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
Got a lot of stick from the crowd and it felt deserved at the time. However today i cant really think what he got so wrong?

Both red cards were clear and no big penalty calls or anything. Maybe the penalising of harris for a tug?

Strange as i say the abuse felt totally warranted at the time but now i cant think why!
Think it was as much for the cumulative effect of the stream of free kicks he gave each time any of their players went down- often without sufficient contact to warrant it.

Then in the ‘brawl’ booking 3 of our players after it seemed that they were the main culprits, especially the 2 centre halfs charging half the length of the pitch to have a go at Ralls & Ng..

Then there was the free kicks they seemed to get when 2 people were tussling for the ball.

Harris very unlucky to get called when it seemed the centre back was the main culprit - and would have had a red if he’d been caught.

Cantwell falling over all the time, then getting away with 2 fouls himself in 10 seconds right in front of the linesman who he’d been having a nice chat to 5 minutes earlier didn’t help !

As it happens we won, but I haven’t missed the stress these guys put us through.