+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Some may have, but his logic is f**ked up if he thinks that having twice the amount of deaths in care homes in England than in Germany is somehow the UK govt. making less mistakes in care homes.

He's desperate for Germany to be doing worse than the UK in response to the coronavirus.

If only far more Germans had died of coronavirus outside of care homes, they would have a much lower percentage of deaths in care homes than England and tell it like it is would be saying something else to defend his party.
    Yeah I don't get his attitude at all. Wanting more deaths to happen somewhere else just to provide a defence for someone he voted for. It's quite scary how biased and one eyed people can be.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah I don't get his attitude at all. Wanting more deaths to happen somewhere else just to provide a defence for someone he voted for. It's quite scary how biased and one eyed people can be.
    If Germany had 5 deaths in total but they were all in care homes... Tell it like it is would be on here saying that they had a 100% care home death rate and that UK govt. were doing a better job with care homes. He's so biased that I actually struggle to comprehend it sometimes.

I just don't understand why anyone would have that mindset, it seems a bit mad.

I find it weird enough with football clubs but at least that's mostly a laugh, this is defending the government at all costs even if they're doing shit and it affects him.

This all started with a thread title which included "across Europe". It links to an article on the BBC website which (apart from a vague reference to "concerns" and quotes from care home reps in the UK, Germany and Denmark) is about Sweden. I have to question the motives of the OP. And the there's tell it like it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You missed the "or" then.
    No.

But if it makes you happy your Organ-lite post was a proposing a genuine choice between conspiracy and coincidence to explain care home deaths across Europe. Coincidence would be the right answer - even if you doubled down on your original purpose of promoting conspiracy with a post of a directive (not from Europe) to move elderly patients from hospital into care homes.

It seems like many countries made the same mistake whilst trying to free up hospital beds for Covid patients - but some mitigated that mistake with PPE, testing, tracing and quarantine whilst others (UK and USA at top of the list) did not.

If Germany had 5 deaths in total but they were all in care homes... Tell it like it is would be on here saying that they had a 100% care home death rate and that UK govt. were doing a better job with care homes. He's so biased that I actually struggle to comprehend it sometimes.
    A few weeks ago he appeared to be trying to argue that, because there was some sort of research saying that Germany had ten times the number of officially reported cases of the virus, there were actually ten times the number of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A few weeks ago he appeared to be trying to argue that, because there was some sort of research saying that Germany had ten times the number of officially reported cases of the virus, there were actually ten times the number of deaths.
    No I didn't.

What I said was that if the number of cases was incorrect, there was also the possibility of the deaths also being incorrect. I also pointed out the research hadn't been peer reviewed?

Do you understand that simple concept?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was sample-based research of a town/city in Germany, if I remember correctly. It was based on people who were also symptomless. Like you said, he used it to try to prove his argument that day about how it must mean that Germany have 10x more cases than they were reporting (it didn't).

When he was making a point about there being no symptoms in another argument, I raised the research which he had said meant there was 10x more cases in Germany - to show he was being hyprocrital. I didn't get a response.

I wonder if he will be returning to this thread to explain how more than twice as many deaths in care homes equates to dealing with them better.

If he's got a good argument for it that proves me wrong, I'll put my hands up... But we'll see.

I think a lot of this issue comes from the arrogance of the Western nations, who have a long history of thinking themselves superior.

There hasnt been a serious outbreak like this in Western Europe for 100 years, so we were ill prepared.
    In places in the far east, they have had SARS, Bird FLu and MERS to contend with all in living memory, so there is a much higher awareness in the general population.

They learned some hard lessons during those other outbreaks and were better placed or it.
    We had the chance to learn their lessons without the pain, but at the start of the pandemic there was a kind of arrogance that people assumed we would somehow not be affected.
    Even when the outbreak started in Italy, one of my colleagues was sure that it was because the Italians go around kissing each other on the cheeks everywhere they go, and the stiff upper lip brits would probably be ok.

As per the link i posted on the other thread, in Hong Kong they have had no deaths in care homes. They were aware of the risk and immediately took action.

It was sample-based research of a town/city in Germany, if I remember correctly. It was based on people who were also symptomless. Like you said, he used it to try to prove his argument that day about how it must mean that Germany have 10x more cases than they were reporting (it didn't).

When he was making a point about there being no symptoms in another argument, I raised the research which he had said meant there was 10x more cases in Germany - to show he was being hyprocrital. I didn't get a response.

I wonder if he will be returning to this thread to explain how more than twice as many deaths in care homes equates to dealing with them better.

If he's got a good argument for it that proves me wrong, I'll put my hands up... But we'll see.
    No response due to being ignored. Now you are making me regret un-ignoring you.

I said there was a possibility the number of deaths in Germany *could* be incorrect *if* the research was correct ( as I pointed out, hadn't been peer reviewed ).

Back to ignore for the lying scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think a lot of this issue comes from the arrogance of the Western nations, who have a long history of thinking themselves superior.

There hasnt been a serious outbreak like this in Western Europe for 100 years, so we were ill prepared.
    In places in the far east, they have had SARS, Bird FLu and MERS to contend with all in living memory, so there is a much higher awareness in the general population.

They learned some hard lessons during those other outbreaks and were better placed or it.
    We had the chance to learn their lessons without the pain, but at the start of the pandemic there was a kind of arrogance that people assumed we would somehow not be affected.
    Even when the outbreak started in Italy, one of my colleagues was sure that it was because the Italians go around kissing each other on the cheeks everywhere they go, and the stiff upper lip brits would probably be ok.

As per the link i posted on the other thread, in Hong Kong they have had no deaths in care homes. They were aware of the risk and immediately took action.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

I said there was a possibility the number of deaths in Germany *could* be incorrect *if* the research was correct ( as I pointed out, hadn't been peer reviewed ).

nice of you to un-ignore me for this response.

You've replied to loads of my posts since the one you claim to have "ignored", you dozy, Tory tit.

Even today, you have responded to the only post I've made on this thread that wasn't quoted by another poster. The only post you would have had to take me off ignore to have seen (we believe you) is where I made a comment about something not directly related to the topic of the thread and how you're so ridiculously stuck up Boris' arse that you always twist things to make it sound like they're doing a better job.

Shame you couldn't give a reason why Germany are doing a worse job in care homes than calling me the liar
    .. when it's clear that only one of us is doing that.

What a twat

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a twat
    FOAD.

Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, all had 0 care home deaths

Just 21% of UK Covid deaths come from care homes, a lower percentage than most comparable EU countries.
    The problem for everyone is statistics are being generated on the fly, we're potentially seeing issues across nations in terms of the way they are collated etc. I don't think any nation will have "true" figures for a very long time.
    confused.com

FOAD.
    It seems sleeper accounts ultimately revert to the habits that got them banned in the first place!

FOAD.
    What a twat

FOAD.
    Pretty ironic of "tell it like it is" to use an acronym instead of saying it....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No.

But if it makes you happy your Organ-lite post was a proposing a genuine choice between conspiracy and coincidence to explain care home deaths across Europe. Coincidence would be the right answer - even if you doubled down on your original purpose of promoting conspiracy with a post of a directive (not from Europe) to move elderly patients from hospital into care homes.

It seems like many countries made the same mistake whilst trying to free up hospital beds for Covid patients - but some mitigated that mistake with PPE, testing, tracing and quarantine whilst others (UK and USA at top of the list) did not.
    I already knew people were going from hospitals into care homes without prior testing, or even displaying Covid-19 symptoms, so it's hardly a conspiracy. It's a fact that Keir Starmer brought up in PMQ today.

I already knew people were going from hospitals into care homes without prior testing, or even displaying Covid-19 symptoms, so it's hardly a conspiracy. It's a fact that Keir Starmer brought up in PMQ today.
    Did he get the directive OR did he not get the directive? Zzzzzz.....

Anyways this report seems to suggest Europe has had similar car homes issues as the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836

Interestingly the emotional charged debates about how Europe's behaviors relating to the UK is often used , such as how progressive their health care , educations are , it now appears good old modern Europe want to open up , get back to school , in fact many are .

Finally here is the the criticism of Labour run Wales in all this with their care homes , testing and PPE procurement ,if the UK government was asleep at the wheel we are still in a coma , Wales has it their gift to do something differently ,like Denmark ??

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyways this report seems to suggest Europe has had similar car homes issues as the UK

Interestingly the emotional charged debates about how Europe's behaviors relating to the UK is often used , such as how progressive their health care , educations are , it now appears good old modern Europe want to open up , get back to school , in fact many are .

Finally here is the the criticism of Labour run Wales in all this with their care homes , testing and PPE procurement ,if the UK government was asleep at the wheel we are still in a coma , Wales has it their gift to do something differently ,like Denmark ??

same link twice - - about Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did he get the directive OR did he not get the directive? Zzzzzz.....
    You're a political hack with a dodgy ideology. What have you got against the truth?

You're a political hack with a dodgy ideology. What have you got against the truth?
    Give him a straight answer then