+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Sky Sports

Cardiff City FC

Statement

Cardiff City Want FIFA to clarify their exact meaning of the FIFA statement before they decide what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Sky Sports

Cardiff City FC

Statement

Cardiff City Want FIFA to clarify their exact meaning of the FIFA statement before they decide what to do next.

Good - I hope someone clarifies the statement.

Does it mean the full £15m is due to Nantes in 3 instalments, or just the first instalment? Most of the 'news stories' refer only to the initial £5.3m (6m Euros) but surely it must be all or nothing - not just a part payment. Either the transfer was complete or it wasn't?

In either case what was the FIFA judgement based on - and what is their response to the submissions made by both clubs?

Will the insurers (for whichever club is liable) be led by a FIFA committee judgement - or will it have to go back around the lawyers?

It is all ugly and disrespectful - but unavoidable I expect. As others have said, I hope whatever the outcome between Cardiff and Nantes, Sala's family and home townl club are looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good - I hope someone clarifies the statement.

Does it mean the full £15m is due to Nantes in 3 instalments, or just the first instalment? Most of the 'news stories' refer only to the initial £5.3m (6m Euros) but surely it must be all or nothing - not just a part payment. Either the transfer was complete or it wasn't?

In either case what was the FIFA judgement based on - and what is their response to the submissions made by both clubs?

Will the insurers (for whichever club is liable) be led by a FIFA committee judgement - or will it have to go back around the lawyers?

It is all ugly and disrespectful - but unavoidable I expect. As others have said, I hope whatever the outcome between Cardiff and Nantes, Sala's family and home townl club are looked after.
    i not sure where i heard it but i think it was mentioned that his family had something along those lines months ago. I hope this true.