+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next up....... Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next up....... Warnock

He was brilliant for us in his first two seasons, and wasn't a million miles away from keeping us up (despite some very strange decisions ie the Healey debacle at Fulham).

I wouldn't say he ruined his reputation here after the relegation but he definitely soured it. I don't think you can underestimate what a good opportunity he squandered with his signings in that window, especially given the cost cutting that has gone on since. He certainly didn't leave us in a good place with aging players on long contracts, and you have to factor that in to any assessment of his time here.

Some of his "arrangements" with certain agents don't sit particularly well, either.

Fulham away game in the premier league was probably the turning point for how he's seen. Fulham home game in the following Championship season, where we didn't look like winning despite them playing 20+ minutes with 10 men, cemented that more negative feeling for some of us.

Not a lot of time really between those two games and up until that first Fulham game he'd probably only get good reviews. Still, I don't think we'll be promoted this season or next because of the mess he left us in.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Some of his "arrangements" with certain agents don't sit particularly well, either.
    This has to be a issue for all of our fans, some of the contracts he handed out to players with " certain agents " were immoral at the very least