+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beatles , years ahead of their time

Banned

Re: Beatles , years ahead of their time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Helter Skelter is a superb song
    McCartney sometimes claims it was the precursor to Heavy Metal - is that a fanciful claim?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    McCartney sometimes claims it was the precursor to Heavy Metal - is that a fanciful claim?
    It certainly ramped things up and influenced many future rock bands , as did you really got me by the kinks

But metal in my opinion began with riffs sabbath in 1970

Led zeppelin , cream , free etc were hard rock and some of led zeps stuff was heavy rock

But sabbath were the first metal band

Banned

It certainly ramped things up and influenced many future rock bands , as did you really got me by the kinks

But metal in my opinion began with riffs sabbath in 1970

Led zeppelin , cream , free etc were hard rock and some of led zeps stuff was heavy rock

But sabbath were the first metal band
    Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Seen a video of Ozzy meeting McCartney - really good video.

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Seen a video of Ozzy meeting McCartney - really good video.
    Sabbath were finished by 78 thanks to booze for bill ward and cocaine for ozzy and the other two

Saw em in 98 at their reunion gig and whilst it was fantastic they should have knocked it on the head , but they became a parody

McCartney has always said he liked sabbath where as robert plant who has an ego the size of a fridge reckons sabbath copied all their riffs from zep , which was nonsense and the first two zep albums owed their sound to the delta blues

I dont think anybody can touch the beatles for their influences on modern music though , once they got over the she loves you yeah yeah sound they hit their stride and albums like rubber soul , revolver , the white album and sgt peppers are timeless

Banned

Sabbath were finished by 78 thanks to booze for bill ward and cocaine for ozzy and the other two

Saw em in 98 at their reunion gig and whilst it was fantastic they should have knocked it on the head , but they became a parody

McCartney has always said he liked sabbath where as robert plant who has an ego the size of a fridge reckons sabbath copied all their riffs from zep , which was nonsense and the first two zep albums owed their sound to the delta blues

I dont think anybody can touch the beatles for their influences on modern music though , once they got over the she loves you yeah yeah sound they hit their stride and albums like rubber soul , revolver , the white album and sgt peppers are timeless

That was many years ago but you could tell that ozzy had been through the mill with substance abuse

Sad really but he and his band made some great music and continue to influence metal bands today

But the beatles ? Well they cannot be praised enough