+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Putin will be pleased.
    I'm sure the people who have had to endure the destruction of their cities will be pleased too..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wow, a 7pm curfew with the military on the streets in Washington DC, and elsewhere.
    I saw a message from a disney cast member i know, 7pm curfew in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I saw a message from a disney cast member i know, 7pm curfew in Florida
    Here are some live news streams https://watchnewslive.tv/category/news/

I'm sure the people who have had to endure the destruction of their cities will be pleased too..
    Think of the insurance claims.

What happened to George floyd is beyond wrong, utterly disgraceful. But it makes me absolutely sick to see all these idiots out protesting, stood right next to each other in huge groups.
    That's another big spread guaranteed, lots of old and disabled people will die as a result of that spread of disease. Seems like that's ok though, racism is bad, but consigning the elderly and sick to an early grave is absolutely fine. These filth are no better than the white libertarian type loons who were out protesting last week.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    What happened to George floyd is beyond wrong, utterly disgraceful. But it makes me absolutely sick to see all these idiots out protesting, stood right next to each other in huge groups.
    That's another big spread guaranteed, lots of old and disabled people will die as a result of that spread of disease. Seems like that's ok though, racism is bad, but consigning the elderly and sick to an early grave is absolutely fine. These filth are no better than the white libertarian type loons who were out protesting last week.
    I know where you're coming from and it is short sighted. But how black people have been treated in that country their whole lives has been disgusting, you can't blame them for reacting to this.

Bit ridiculous to compare them to white libertarian types when one group was out protesting for hair cuts while the other are out protesting for equal rights.

The president saying he'll defend peaceful protests literally at the same time he has Federal police baton charge and tear gas a peaceful protest just so he could have a hideously awkward photo-op holding a bible like an idiot is the most Trump-ish thing ever.

JTTF federal agents take down another Antifa communist agitator and he will be singing like a bird this evening..
    Inspiring stuff - pity there aren't more examples of this.

P.S. did I see robocop appear at the end of the clip - who the heck was that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Putin will be pleased.
    And Drakeford..

Heisenberg

I take issue with your last sentence. The "white libertarian type loons" were protesting about not being able to go to bars or get their hair cut etc because of the pandemic that is killing the people you speak of. They were blatantly disregarding the fact that lockdown was protecting people from dying and didn't care. Most of them think Covid is a hoax anyway.

The protestors on the streets today are protesting the murder of another black man by the police in America.

Surely you see the difference, even if you don't agree with them protesting during Covid?

I don't think the protests would have had much of an impact in a year's time either.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    The president saying he'll defend peaceful protests literally at the same time he has Federal police baton charge and tear gas a peaceful protest just so he could have a hideously awkward photo-op holding a bible like an idiot is the most Trump-ish thing ever.
    He was hiding in a bunker yesterday while they turned the lights off at The White House (apparently the lights off thing only happens when a president dies). This is the same guy who proclaimed that he'd be the first person to charge a gunman during a school shooting and praised the protests in Hong Kong and pleaded with Iran not to harm the protesters there and allow their media to report things without fear of their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He was hiding in a bunker yesterday while they turned the lights off at The White House (apparently the lights off thing only happens when a president dies). This is the same guy who proclaimed that he'd be the first person to charge a gunman during a school shooting and praised the protests in Hong Kong and pleaded with Iran not to harm the protesters there and allow their media to report things without fear of their safety.
    Let's be completely honest about Trump he's a **** and a weasel who has managed to con a load of people to vote for him by exploting how shite american society is for the working class, then has done nothing to help these people.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Let's be completely honest about Trump he's a **** and a weasel who has managed to con a load of people to vote for him by exploting how shite american society is for the working class, then has done nothing to help these people.
    What do you mean? He's done loads to help these people. 100,000 dead and 40,000,000 unemployed. America is great again.

What do you mean? He's done loads to help these people. 100,000 dead and 40,000,000 unemployed. America is great again.
    Well, I imagine the American undertaker industry is booming.

I take issue with your last sentence. The "white libertarian type loons" were protesting about not being able to go to bars or get their hair cut etc because of the pandemic that is killing the people you speak of. They were blatantly disregarding the fact that lockdown was protecting people from dying and didn't care. Most of them think Covid is a hoax anyway.

The protestors on the streets today are protesting the murder of another black man by the police in America.

Surely you see the difference, even if you don't agree with them protesting during Covid?

I don't think the protests would have had much of an impact in a year's time either.
    People are dying in their thousands due to covid. I see your point but I disagree wholeheartedly. The old and the vulnerable are getting absolutely massacred by covid. Is protesting police brutality more important than getting a haircut , yes of course it is. But being prepared to sacrifice the lives of the old and sick is still equally evil whatever makes you do it.

People are dying in their thousands due to covid. I see your point but I disagree wholeheartedly. The old and the vulnerable are getting absolutely massacred by covid. Is protesting police brutality more important than getting a haircut , yes of course it is. But being prepared to sacrifice the lives of the old and sick is still equally evil whatever makes you do it.
    It isn't just police brutality being protested though is it?

Heisenberg

As you said, it's not the same thing that they're protesting. One is about civil rights and one is about vanity and selfishness. For that reason alone, they should not be spoken of in the same way.

#oldlivesmattertoo

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    #oldlivesmattertoo
    Certain people seem to want to find any point that’s against this movement. First it was focussing on a small number of people “killing” a shop keeper, then focussing on the looters instead of the majority of peaceful protesters, now it’s on covid.

Personally there’s no right time for action but the rights of a huge group of the world’s population has waited long enough.

I wouldn’t expect someone who tells a british born Asian to “go back to Pakistan” because they don’t like their opinion to understand though.

Certain people seem to want to find any point that’s against this movement. First it was focussing on a small number of people “killing” a shop keeper, then focussing on the looters instead of the majority of peaceful protesters, now it’s on covid.

Personally there’s no right time for action but the rights of a huge group of the world’s population has waited long enough.

I wouldn’t expect someone who tells a british born Asian to “go back to Pakistan” because they don’t like their opinion to understand though.
    Don’t be upset Rudy.

I thought you were going to tell me to go back to Pakistan for a second

I thought you were going to tell me to go back to Pakistan for a second
    What’s up babes? You seem upset and looking for an internet squabble? Wales Bales not around is he?

Heisenberg

Rule of law being applied here, I guess:

Warning: don't watch if you don't want to see an innocent women being dragged from a car and her friend/partner getting tased.

The officer whose bodycam filmed the ordeal has been fired, apparently.

All of these videos of people who aren't involved in the rioting but are getting arrested or assaulted are giving me fascist dictatorship vibes.
    Thankfully, the rule of law was applied to the incident:

Wow, a 7pm curfew with the military on the streets in Washington DC, and elsewhere.
    Oh dear what will the drug dealers and pimps do now .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh dear what will the drug dealers and pimps do now .
    Who invented the skip?

Sorry... I mean, what's the difference between the protests in Hong Kong and the ones in the USA which have caused you to take drastically different viewpoints on each?

You've now had two days to think of a response that isn't "they're different" and "they couldn't be more different".

Mwah x