+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Bad Night for Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A Bad Night for Labour

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think I demonized Daily Mail readers, I demonized the Daily Mail - I think it's a rag, but I know people who read it and I'd hardly call them bigots. Nevertheless, 13 pages of anti Corbyn ranting on the Wednesday before polling day was complete and utter overkill and it would appear that, finally, people are treating it with the contempt it deserves.

At least Corbyn had "one sentence soundbites", that's quite a few words more than our strong and stable leader could manage .

How condescending is that about "young people" - their opinions, no matter how they are formed and what they are, are just as valid as yours and mine.

As for your third point, we're not going to be in a position to know the answer to your question for some time it seems because the Government which was so eager to have an unnecessary election back in April are now too frit (to quote Maggie Thatcher) to have another one.
    Oh come off it, 'condescending' ? Moi ?

Labour themselves have boasted how they got their message across in short, sharp messages on facebook, what'sthingy, etc, and that's when a lot of kids started engaging in the election - the Tories missed a trick, but then again they were completely and utterly inept.
    But back to my original point - the relative successes and failures of the two parties in this election are measured in comparisons with the previous one. The Tories actually increased the number of votes received from 11 million at the last election to 13.7 million this time - that's an increase of 2.7 million people who voted for the Tories this time around who didn't 2 years ago.

My hunch is Corbyn has reached his zenith, May her nadir..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    My hunch is Corbyn has reached his zenith, May her nadir..
    So let's have another election then, so we can have a government who command a clear majority

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So let's have another election then, so we can have a government who command a clear majority
    aint we had enough of you for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    aint we had enough of you for a while
    I just want to see a Strong & Stable™ government

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    ffs mun.