+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bacuna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sincere apologies. I Googled 'Cardiff sign Bacuna' and the first report to appear was this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47071577

However, I am happy to bow to your superior knowledge as regards transfer fees. After all, who can forget your scoop regarding the huge loan fee Cardiff got from Sheffield United for Gary Madine? Admittedly such a fee has never actually been reported anywhere, but you sound like a man who gets the inside track to me.

You claim: "A manager only finds out was a players attitude and motivation is when he sees him on the training ground and when the chips are down in the first team."

I guess, therefore, that Messrs Warnock, Harris and McCarthy all believe that Bacuna's attitude and motivation are without fault, as all three have selected him on a regular basis.

As for your assertion that the disconnect between the club and the fans was simply down to Russell Slade and Paul 'Twelve Games' Trollope, you maybe onto something there. After all, what sort of an idiot would imagine that either of those two would be a good managerial appointment for an ambitious Championship club?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...t-team-manager

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...as-new-manager
    No fee was reported for Bacuna, so it is all just speculation, as you know. Subsequent team selection by different managers is nothing to do with me but my opinion is that when the team is struggling his head drops pretty quickly and he makes basic errors. This is actually generally borne out by his performances recently. Slade was brought in to do a job of cutting costs by getting rid of expensive players and to ‘steady the ship’ after the debacle that was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. To be fair, he probably did a pretty good job within those parameters but it was just unfortunate that in so doing he turned the team into something so turgid it was like watching paint dry. Also, believe me, 12 games of Paul Trollope was more than enough. We were going nowhere, other than down into League One under him but he appeared the logical appointment when Slade went and was generally well accepted when appointed. It all went downhill pretty quickly though. At the point both were appointed both were a reasonable decision, for differing reasons, but hey why let that get in the way of a bit of good board/owner bashing, as is your usual preference. PS. The loan fee for Madine was generally reported at the time as a six figure sum plus a bonus if they got promoted, which they did. That would be a fairly standard sort of arrangement between clubs at the time. No doubt you think we let him go there for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The loan fee for Madine was generally reported at the time as a six figure sum plus a bonus if they got promoted, which they did.
    Generally reported? Go on then, give us a link.....

I've asked before to no avail, but if it was generally reported that City got a handsome loan fee and a bonus if Sheffield United got promoted, I'm sure a man of your calibre can find one. Just the one will do.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Slade was brought in to do a job of cutting costs by getting rid of expensive players and to ‘steady the ship’ after the debacle that was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
    “I’m delighted to appoint Russell Slade as Manager. The stability, integrity and experience that he brings is something I feel is essential for Cardiff City. He is capable of turning a group of players into an organised, tight-knit team, with great team spirit, who will work hard for each other while playing an attractive style of football. I ask that our supporters offer him a chance to prove his long term value to our club, giving him and his players their full support as we try to earn our place in the Premier League under his guidance."

Vincent Tan, 06/10/2014.